For the ladies. Room decorations or Roses?

BIG_Steve

My brother always has roses in the room for my sister in law whenever they cruise. We just did an 8 night cruise and they were still very nice at the end of the cruise.

Ive had the decorations and they are cute, but would def choose the roses

I used to be a floral designer, that is what help pay my way through college. Fresh flowers for sure. I suggest a mixed vase of flowers with some roses. Perhaps lilies and roses, the lilies, if they are fresh, will last quite awhile. Roses should last a week but you have to recut the stems daily and change the water to make them last that long.

The roses...those decorations are about the cheesiest thing I have seen and sure don't promote romance...LOL....you could add a nice "trinket" also;)...

Hubby bought a dozen red roses on one of our cruises, for no special reason, and every time I open my bible that I save everything inside, I see those dried up roses and it still brings a smile to my face..... and YES I took my roses off the ship....My Roses, and where there is a will, there is a way!!!!!:)

We'll be on board for our 30th anniversary. Want to do something for the cabin. Ladies, what is better? Having Carnival gussy up the cabin with streamers and a banner? Or just some Roses? Wife would appreciate either no doubt.

I like the decorations. They are fun! "Cheesy or not" but so is the cabin decor and the entire ship! The roses die in a couple of days-and personally I do not like the smell-makes me sneeze. I take home pieces of the decorations to save with my cruise pictures.

Also a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine is a great addition.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

The best choice would depend on what she likes best. But since you're asking for various ladies' opinions, here's mine:):

I would appreciate the gesture of either very much. I would think it was very sweet of my DH to do either. But I would prefer the roses (or any other flowers) greatly to any room decorations I have ever seen offered by any cruise line. I personally don't like the room decorations - they seem to "junk up" a cabin that already has very 'busy' decor.

Although, I admit, for my DH's birthday on our Celebrity cruise, I did order room decorations. Although he probably agrees with me about the decorations in general, he would not have appreciated flowers.:o

I think the fact that you're putting effort into trying to make the right choice means you'll do just fine.;) Happy Anniversary and have a great cruise!:)

I am a female and love roses but I would never want them on a cruise for one they are very pricey and they will die and if they don't die you can not take them off the ship at the end big waste of mo ye. Get the annivsary package with wine and strawberry s and such

To me, roses would be the choice for romance for this type of occassion. But you could really step it up a bit and add some of the other recommendations, along with the roses. Some of the items below can be prepurchased at your local craft store. List of suggestions:

Roses

To create a spedcial ambiance...surrounded by a few battery operated tea lites and some of those rose petals you get in a box or bag

chocolate covered strawberries (or anniversary cake)

cheese and cracker or and veggie or fruit platter

bottle of wine or champaigne

small trinket

Beautiful card

Enjoy!

I will let you know in about 45 days. Sailing May 4th from NOLA and ordered the anniversary decorations, the 9" chocolate cake and the deluxe tropical bouquet.... she is bound to like something out of the deal.

She will love both..that is lovely...sarah

That cake I have forgotten about and have heard is good and you can keep in fridge and enjoy a few times...

Happy anniversary to you both....

Edited by sjn911

Neither? Is that an option? lol

I'm not big on flowers since they die quickly and the room decorations seem way too expensive for what you get. If if were me, I'd be thrilled if my DH got me some chocolate covered strawberries and a card with a sweet message from him in it. It's not as grand as flowers or decorations but that is what I'd prefer.

Edited by iheartmarshall

Roses!!! My DH orders a bouquet each time we cruise. They come in the vase, with a pretty ribbon, baby's breath and green fern or something, and mine have always lasted the entire week of the cruise. The steward adds water and rose food as needed. You can smell the roses as soon as you enter your cabin.

Between the 2 option that you give I'd vote for the roses any day. I personally think the decorations look a bit cheap.

However, coming from the Midwest I can easily buy roses on any given day at any grocery store including Aldi's and Sam's club. These days most of the rose varieties out there will last you a whole week as long as you make sure they have plenty of fresh water.

Carnival offers a tropical bouquet as well. There is one in a small container and one in a standard vase. I would much rather have the tropical bouquet. Which is something I can't find readily back home.

On another note ... as someone who has managed a floral department ... the roses that I have seen delivered on Carnival have not really been "arranged" most people could do just as good of a job at shoving them in a vase as the people working with the flowers on the ship. I had one worker tell me at one time that she'd just been assigned the job of arranging flowers without any training.

My vote is for the tropical bouquet, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of her favorite wine.

Edited by LittleJeanne

For our 20th my DH order the anniversary package with champagne with anniversary glasses thru Bon Voyage and had Roses delivered on our anniversary day. We also had reserved The Chef's Table and it happened to be on the night of our anniversary. The Chef surprised us my making a special cake for us.

BEST CRUISE EVER!!!!