For the ladies. Room decorations or Roses?

BIG_Steve

How about both? ;)

I vote for both too! DH did this for one of our anniversaries and I loved it. It's your 30th, might as well go for full celebration. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Congrats and enjoy!

Cake and chocolate are NG. Mrs. Big_Steve has lost over 100 lbs via Nutrisystem and discipline. She wouldn't be interested in Cake and Chocolate. As far as trinkets. Well, on the night of our Anniversary I'm getting down on one knee in the Steak house and giving her the engagement ring and proper proposal she never got. I think I'm covered ;)

Cake and chocolate are NG. Mrs. Big_Steve has lost over 100 lbs via Nutrisystem and discipline. She wouldn't be interested in Cake and Chocolate. As far as trinkets. Well, on the night of our Anniversary I'm getting down on one knee in the Steak house and giving her the engagement ring and proper proposal she never got. I think I'm covered ;)

That will be awesome!

Flowers are easy to buy at home... I would rather have the decorations. On our last cruise I ordered Bon Voyage decorations, and I loved the room looking so festive. My next cruise is for my birthday so I ordered the birthday decorations.

I will let you know in about 45 days. Sailing May 4th from NOLA and ordered the anniversary decorations, the 9" chocolate cake and the deluxe tropical bouquet.... she is bound to like something out of the deal.

Roses, wine and chocolate!

That is very cool (both her accomplishment and your plans). You rock, BIG_Steve!:D

I have to agree. Although I do LOVE walking into a cabin, for the first time, with the decorations, is AMAZING.

But, after that moment, they are just ANNOYING.:mad:

Constantly banging your head on them, and can't really take them home, without them getting mangled in your luggage.

Not really a flower kind of girl, so the roses do NOTHING for me.:o:o

Now, have a chocolate cake waiting for me, and I am yours FOREVER:D:D

I would pick the decorations. But I like fun, gaudy stuff. If it sparkles, I generally want three of them. Lol

As a test I decided to ask my husband which he would choose for me. He choose tropical bouquet after first asking why he would get something. Sigh. He's a great guy, really, but surprises aren't his forte. That said, I want to say I would be thrilled with anything. It's the effort more than the stuff.

I personally would prefer a cake, strawberries or some other edible treat.

However since the option is only roses or decor, why not both?

Order the flowers from the shop and bring some decorations and hang them yourself while she's in the shower or something.

It's the best of both worlds: won't cost as much as the Carnival decor and your wife will appreciate your efforts at decorating. Also she'll be able to take the decor home while the roses aren't allowed back off the ship.

Congrats to you both!

OK, so since cake and candies are out of the question(???) How about a single piece of high quality chocolate (you can send the rest to me and I will eat it, no problems!), a single rose and a bottle of wine? Add that to the bling you are going to do later in the cruise, to my romantic heart that would be a grand slam!

Between roses and decorations...

I would choose JEWERLEY!

Or a handbag, or perfume, or something you took the time to pick out and smuggle onboard.

Honey ? Is that you? *LOL*

My DW is the exact same way . And lets not get started with the handbags :)

That sound great!!! I would add that I would take along some silk rose petals from home (you can buy them at lots of stores including walmart, hobby lobby, micheal's, etc) and talk with your room steward ahead of time. Ask him to leave you the heart swan towel animal that night and sprinkle the rose petals on the bed. The romantic mood from the proposal in the steakhouse will continue on......;) Make sure you give the steward a little extra for his help. If you are so inclined you could also have him leave a bottle of champagne chilled. I, as a frugal, simple woman would find this much more romantic than the customary flowers or pre packaged decorations, although I would like them also.

BIG_Steve- make sure you check with the photography manager (once you board) about setting up the photo op on your proper proposal- I did hear back and that was their advice.

Have a blast and by the way I think it's so romantic that you're dropping down on one knee to give your wife what she missed out on 30 years ago!!

Happy Sailing!!

On my last anniversary my wife called me to come right home after work, she was in bed and had something black and sexy on her.

I raced home ran into the bedroom and was really dissappointed. There she was laying in bed with little black lacy negligee on.

I was thinking Rhianna, Beyonce, .......

You really have to be careful what you ask for *LOL*