Most Helpful Guy

PatchesJ72

We sailed the Liberty B2B last year. I cannot do stairs because I have severe left sided sciatica. My whole left leg goes numb at times and I fall over...though you wouldn't know it to look at me. There was a gentleman at guest services his name was Innocent and yes that was his name...he was totally awesome. When they said we couldn't use the elevator for one of our excursions we explained my situation an had an elevator immediately to get off the ship. He was totally awesome. I did send Carnival an e-mail telling them how awesome this guy was.

Nice. :D

Glad that you emailed Carnival too. The guy should get kudos. Some will say, he was only doing his job, but when you've had BAD customer service, it's nice to see that some people actually DO their job, nicely.

We sailed the Liberty B2B last year. I cannot do stairs because I have severe left sided sciatica. My whole left leg goes numb at times and I fall over...though you wouldn't know it to look at me. There was a gentleman at guest services his name was Innocent and yes that was his name...he was totally awesome. When they said we couldn't use the elevator for one of our excursions we explained my situation an had an elevator immediately to get off the ship. He was totally awesome. I did send Carnival an e-mail telling them how awesome this guy was.

I am so glad that he helped you. I understand just how you feel as my left side has the same problem. It is very painful. Your right just looking at someone you would never know until they tried walking with it. I hope you get relief with it soon.

So glad you found someone compassionate enough to help you.

A few years back, DH and I flew to FL from VA, for a cruise. I was fine at airport, fine flying, and fine getting to the pier. There was quite a line waiting to check in. About halfway through the line, my right hip started to ache. The longer I stood the stronger the pain. By the time I finally got on the ship, I could hardly walk. Went to cabin to lie down, hoping it would help. When they called for muster, I dragged myself into the hall. When we reached the stairs, I couldn't lift my right foot up even one step. It was just too painful. DH went to a crew member, and explained my situation. He took both of us to an elevator, and told a woman to take me up to muster. She was fairly tall, and I am fairly short, so she looked down her nose at me. In a haughty tone, she said "you know if this was a real emergency, the elevators would Not be Working." I looked at her and said" If this was a real emergency, I would have to wait for the water and float to the top, as I cannot do stairs right now. She didn't say another word to me.

Not sure why I was in such pain, but after muster went to medical. They gave me some 800 mg ibuprophen, told me to take 1 every 3 or 4 hours. I did for the rest of day, and that night. By next morning I was almost back to normal, and able to fully enjoy my cruise. Thank Goodness.

Sending an e-mail to Carnival about the gentlemen at guest services was a good thing to do because anytime a guest e-mails Carnival about an employee that e-mail goes in their file and it helps if that employee is up for a promotion

Edited by Shipbound