Delayed embarkation for routine maintenance (legend this Sunday)

whisker2193

I got a phone call (automated) along with an email from carnival that they are conducting routine maintenance on the Legend Sunday and will be delaying embarkation until 1:30 - 3:30. Haven't seen this before. Is it for real or should I still head over at 10:30 as planned? Figured I ask the experts:confused:

Head out at 10:00, bring some snacks and a bottle of water, just in case there is a delay. At least you will have chairs to sit on and not finding yourself standing along the wall or sitting on the floor as I've seen in the past when ships have been delayed for various reasons.

Live, love and cruise often.

Edited by lady_cruiser

In January, some people on our cruise received an email and a phone call to not come early. We did not but I heard about it on cruise critic. So, people decided to ignore it because everybody decided that it was because carnival did not want crowds. We arrived at the terminal around 11:00 to be turned away by a police officer. We were told not to arrive until 2:00. Down the street at a Wendy's, it was packed with people from the cruise. Many had received the message but decided to ignore it. People in the hotel next door were just standing around, rearranging their transportation to the terminal. Around 1:00, my husband and I decided to see if we could get in line at the terminal. We drove right up, parked and walked into the terminal. It was already getting crowded with long lines for checking in. So, do you ignore the email? I don't know. We were just lucky that we had some place close to sit and wait for a couple of hours.

I had that same experience on my last Legend cruise. I can't remember what the 'excuse' was, but it was pretty much a nightmare at the port. Police were turning all the cars away and told to come back after 2. We parked in a vacant lot a block away, and every 30 minutes drove around the block to check on progress. We are Platinum so once we get in the port, it takes very little time to get on the ship. We FINALLY boarded at 3:00PM.

So, it's choice. If you don't mind sitting round waiting, go early on the chance you can board. If you hate crowed and long lines, show up at the port later, when you think the crowds have thinned out. Regardless of what you choose, have a fabulous cruise. I LOVE the Legend!:D

I'm reading along with both too! We live about an hr from the port and we could leave later if we needed too.

So if everyone does listen to the call/email, how bad is it going to be inside/outside the terminal?

If everyone listens the embarkation still is going to be crazy as all passengers will be boarding in a span of two hours. Not what I wanted to start the cruise but it's not going to ruin it in any way. Oh well.

Edited by whisker2193
Spelling

Last October we received an email that told us not to arrive before 130pm. The reason was an immigration/customs delay. We arrived at 1145am and people were boarding. I would show up when you planned to.

Sea fog can be brutal in Tampa. That's how the original Skyway was knocked into the bay.

Our Dec 2012 Legend return was delayed by 8 hours due to fog. Great for us on the boat as we just partied on for another day on the Lido deck, but we felt bed for those waiting on the dock who didn't board until after dark!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Whenisdinner