EZ Air Question

ROWSE

We have purchased EZ air for the first time from Princess for our Jan. 2015 cruise on the Ocean Princess on a Tahiti French Polynesian Cruise.

I know that usually if cruise fares drop before final payment I am able to get the price changed to the better price if it is not for new bookings only. The Princess rep assured me that they would give me the lower price if it went down, but.....

I am a little worried it could mess up the air part of it in some way. Has anyone experienced getting their cruise price matched and having EZ air?

Did you have any issues with it cancelling the air on you by mistake?

As long as any savings you are eligible to get can be done without cancelling your cruise reservation and rebooking to get the savings, then the EZAir price and reservation are not affected by getting the price reduction on the cruise itself.

Edited by caribill

We have purchased EZ air for the first time from Princess for our Jan. 2015 cruise on the Ocean Princess on a Tahiti French Polynesian Cruise.

I know that usually if cruise fares drop before final payment I am able to get the price changed to the better price if it is not for new bookings only. The Princess rep assured me that they would give me the lower price if it went down, but.....

I am a little worried it could mess up the air part of it in some way. Has anyone experienced getting their cruise price matched and having EZ air?

Did you have any issues with it cancelling the air on you by mistake?

I booked EZair for my Oct 2014 cruise. Keep checking the air price daily! I got the same air for $80 cheaper just by checking daily. You don't have to touch your reservation-just do a cruise search for the same sailing and then pick the EZair button. If it's cheaper, you can either call Princess or just cancel and rebook the air portion yourself.

Cruise and ez wire are treated separately. We have gotten reductions on both at different times. Never effects the other. Usually if EZAire has a price change there is an airline or schedule change, so you might want to watch that. They will still get you to the cruise on time but flt. times might vary.One of the reason we love Princess.

Cruise and ez wire are treated separately. We have gotten reductions on both at different times. Never effects the other. Usually if EZAire has a price change there is an airline or schedule change, so you might want to watch that. They will still get you to the cruise on time but flt. times might vary.One of the reason we love Princess.

It is a wonderful option to be able to choose the arrival dates and times. I'm arriving 3 nights early with no problems or extra charges.

I purchased EZ air last year for our cruise on the Ocean Princess in Tahiti. I was able to obtain three price drops. One time there was a special for new bookings and I was told I wasn't eligible because of the EZ air. My airfare was never affected when the price drops were done.

Just as others have said, changing your cabin or class does not affect the EZAir. For our cruise from Rome we took EZAir because it was a much better deal (in this case, anyway) than going independently. They gave us flights from Boston that would have gotten us to Rome at 5:30PM. We called back & a really helpful agent found us a better option from BOS to Montréal to Rome, getting us there at 8:30AM.

So, if you would like to make changes, EZAir can be flexible.

Steve

When I bought the EZ air, it was the restricted, pay immediately, ticket. I don't think those are changeable without a fee. That is what I understood, but of course I could be wrong.

It was such a great deal, half the price that I had been looking at on my own.

I booked EZair for my Oct 2014 cruise. Keep checking the air price daily! I got the same air for $80 cheaper just by checking daily. You don't have to touch your reservation-just do a cruise search for the same sailing and then pick the EZair button. If it's cheaper, you can either call Princess or just cancel and rebook the air portion yourself.

For some reason, following your directions and despite trying several browsers, while the EZAir option does pop up on the screen, the place you type in where you are flying from doesn't seem to work. We've got two TA's for which we booked EZAir and I thought it was a good idea to do a price check.. Any ideas?

:o

For some reason, following your directions and despite trying several browsers, while the EZAir option does pop up on the screen, the place you type in where you are flying from doesn't seem to work. We've got two TA's for which we booked EZAir and I thought it was a good idea to do a price check.. Any ideas?

:o

Try typing in "FLL" it will then have a drop down saying "United States Ft Lauderdale." Chose this option. Then on the NEXT screen, you can choose which city you are flying from and the date you want to arrive etc. Hope this helps.

I don't think those are changeable without a fee. That is what I understood, but of course I could be wrong.

We were able to change the Rome flight without penalty.

We had another cruise with EZAir a couple years ago where Delta changed our return flight from FLL>ATL>MHT. They had us changed to FLL>ATL>Detroit>MHT and we were not happy and complained to Princess. The agent told us the tickets were not changeable, so we took it to a supervisor who stuck to that same line until they finally gave up & got Delta to re-book us on a flight from FLL>direct to Detroit>MHT...wasn't what we wanted but at least we dropped one connection.

Along that line, we often book overseas flights via EZAir & the domestic flights ourselves. EZAir often gives you strange routing, such as MHT to somewhere to Dallas to FLL.

This is why it pays to do some research into various options, so you can make an informed choice.

Steve

I don't think those are changeable without a fee. That is what I understood, but of course I could be wrong.

We were able to change the Rome flight without penalty.

We had another cruise with EZAir a couple years ago where Delta changed our return flight from FLL>ATL>MHT. They had us changed to FLL>ATL>Detroit>MHT and we were not happy and complained to Princess. The agent told us the tickets were not changeable, so we took it to a supervisor who stuck to that same line until they finally gave up & got Delta to re-book us on a flight from FLL>direct to Detroit>MHT...wasn't what we wanted but at least we dropped one connection.

Along that line, we often book overseas flights via EZAir & the domestic flights ourselves. EZAir often gives you strange routing, such as MHT to somewhere to Dallas to FLL.

This is why it pays to do some research into various options, so you can make an informed choice.

Steve

I agree, it is important to do your research. Don't think we could get better than our non-stop flight to and from Tahiti. I can imagine some of those routes from US to Europe could get quite heavy with connections.

I can imagine some of those routes from US to Europe could get quite heavy with connections

I guess it all depends on where you live. Three years ago we took EZAir via USAir from MHT (a mid-sized airport) to Philly to London, which got us there at 8:30AM. Sometimes we go thru BOS, which is only 50 miles away. If we lived 250 miles from the nearest big airport we'd have to do the best we could on connections.

Steve

When I bought the EZ air, it was the restricted, pay immediately, ticket. I don't think those are changeable without a fee. That is what I understood, but of course I could be wrong.

It was such a great deal, half the price that I had been looking at on my own.

I believe this was changed last year. :) I bought a flexible fare that is due at the time of final payment for the cruise.

Edited by azdmelani

The new Princess eZAir Program offers two distinct pricing options, each with specific features and benefits depending on your travel needs.

Flexible fares are designed for those passengers who have less certainty in their travel plans and want the freedom to cancel their flight arrangements easily. These fares are typically higher than Restricted fares, but include the following added benefits:

Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment ? not at the time of air booking.

Air charges are fully refundable until 45 days prior to departure.

Restricted fares:

Our Restricted fares will typically be lower than our Flexible fares, with the following terms:

Air charges are non-refundable (e.g. no cash back).

Payment is due immediately upon time of air booking.

The new Princess eZAir Program offers two distinct pricing options, each with specific features and benefits depending on your travel needs.

Flexible fares are designed for those passengers who have less certainty in their travel plans and want the freedom to cancel their flight arrangements easily. These fares are typically higher than Restricted fares, but include the following added benefits:

Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment ? not at the time of air booking.

Air charges are fully refundable until 45 days prior to departure.

Restricted fares:

Our Restricted fares will typically be lower than our Flexible fares, with the following terms:

Air charges are non-refundable (e.g. no cash back).

Payment is due immediately upon time of air booking.

Actually, the Flexible option is cheaper than the Restricted in a lot of cities.

Edited by Ethel5