Specialty restaurant reservation times

MVPinBoynton

You can always check at the dinner reservations desk or try a different day for that restaurant

I have seen 6:30 7:00 7:30 8:00 & 9 pm listed

but as the bookings start they do fill up at certain times

Lyn

From what I have seen the times are 6;30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30. On the first day of the cruise there was a assigned place for suite and PH guests to go starting at 11:00 to make reservations and the desk in the lobby for all others at 1:00. The desk in the lobby is manned every day and once the maiter'd is by the specific restaurant you can see them. If the times do not show up in the on-line page before you sail they are taken for that time slot. I had this problem for one so I switched to sharing and the time popped up.

we are traveling with another couple - how do we make reservations for a four-top so that we can dine together?

our reservations window has not opened up yet...

You need to have the other couple's booking number & name

When your time comes to book go online and when you get the restaurant of choice just say NO to sharing it will have the option ADD A GUEST just click there & follow the prompts

If all else fails ask your TA or call Oceania to book it for you

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Further to what Lyn said, in order to book for four you will all have to be in the proper "window" for booking.

Also, if one of the couples is in a higher level cabin and can book earlier, you can book a table (no sharing) and add the other couple when they are eligible.

You may also have good luck booking once we're on board. You never know what the passengers on a particular cruise will want to do. Some refuse to dine in the GDR, others think it's just fine. That affects available in the other restaurants.

Mura

There is no question that if ur in a cabin category that books late you must be willing to share to get a greater number of time slots available. This is particularly true on sea days and popular time slots

Eg. If u want to eat at 7:30 on a sea day you might not see that time available if you elect not to share. If u switch to sharing , you might get a 7:30 slot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is no question that if ur in a cabin category that books late you must be willing to share to get a greater number of time slots available. This is particularly true on sea days and popular time slots

Eg. If u want to eat at 7:30 on a sea day you might not see that time available if you elect not to share. If u switch to sharing , you might get a 7:30 slot

Thanks to all the responders for the great information.

one more question - since it looks like we might need to share to get a decent time slot - can you click the share button and still invite another couple? in other words can you make sure that the four of you will be together at a larger table?

Our booking window begins March 31 - I assume that means 12:01AM on 3-31?

I know - that is two questions not one.:)

one more question - since it looks like we might need to share to get a decent time slot - can you click the share button and still invite another couple? in other words can you make sure that the four of you will be together at a larger table?

in a word NO

If you say you will share they will just put you at a free table

You can go to the dinner reservations desk & ask to be put at the same table if both parties were able to book the same time slot

Best to just book day one for the no sharing provided you can both book at the same time frame according to you cabin CAT

If you are travelling together ask your TA to link the bookings then if you can book the same time slot for sharing they will seat you together ...maybe

or just show up for the reservation and ask for the same table ...

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

in a word NO

If you say you will share they will just put you at a free table

You can go to the dinner reservations desk & ask to be put at the same table if both parties were able to book the same time slot

Best to just book day one for the no sharing provided you can both book at the same time frame according to you cabin CAT

If you are travelling together ask your TA to link the bookings then if you can book the same time slot for sharing they will seat you together ...maybe

or just show up for the reservation and ask for the same table ...

Lyn

Thanks Lyn

I think we all would agree that o staff really tries hard to accommodate folks who wish to fine together. If u can be flexible about dates and times it should not be a problem