Noro virus embarkation time

vincent15

With Infinity needing a thorough noro virus cleaning when she arrives in Miami on Sunday, can anyone tell me how that usually affects the embarkation time. We usually arrive at the port at 11:30, but don't wish to if the ship will be unavailable for several more hours.

With much appreciation

Vinnie

I was on two sailings where they did a deep cleaning prior to us boarding. Both times they they didn't start boarding until around 2 or 3 pm. My personal tip would be to go early and drop of your luggage (the porters will be out) and then go get lunch if you can and return after the boarding process has started. Otherwise you may end up waiting in massive lines and once you board it's a complete zoo. When you arrive at the port they will also have signs posted that tell you the boarding is delayed and when boarding will begin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Delayed boarding. The cruise that departed after our Noro infected ship docked had both delayed boarding and delayed departure for a few hours.

The passengers were given tours of Seattle while they waited for the ship to be cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Summit in October and it delayed boarding and departure. They had lunch served in the departure lounge. Luckily we were in the Penthouse and had a special lounge. The other staterooms were in a large hall. They were also served some lunch, but as mentioned above, I would not hurry to check in. We did receive emails and phone calls with the delayed information the day before the cruise. It will also be strange on the ship. Ours had the buffet wrapped in cellophane for four days, you had to be served each item by staff. No bread or salt/pepper on the tables, individual packets brought if asked and bread served individually. Even the library was closed for the first 10 days of the cruise. They do all they can to ensure that the problem does not show up again. It was strange, as I mentioned, but we really appreciated the care they took.

We had a delayed boarding on the Eclipse. We were not allowed on until 2pm. There was nowhere to sit and when boarding began it was a mindless free for all!

We had arrived at 11am, there were no drinks available, no snacks and no information. The worst start to a cruise we have ever had.

This was out of Southampton though, I would expect the USA to do things a little better!

After being allowed on we still could not go to our cabins for a couple more hours! But at least we could get a drink...