Dream-Vista deck wrap around?

marshhawk

Why would I not want this cabin? If you have had one, please comment. I guess people would say that you would hear the chairs on the lido deck, as you are under the pool area, but what else?

Edited by marshhawk

Why would I not want this cabin? If you have had one, please comment. I guess people would say that you would hear the chairs on the lido deck, as you are under the pool area, but what else?

We have done an aft wrap on both the Dream and the Magic (chose an Ocean Suite on the Breeze), doing the 6th floor aft wrap again in 2015 on the Breeze. Same room both times, 6th floor port side. We chose the 6th floor because the 6th is the only floor with a couch, the others are a bit smaller with the slope of the ship as you rise. For the aft wraps, it is all about the balcony. The only balcony better in the fleet is on the Spirit class 4th floor vista suites. I cannot coment on chair nosie, but it does seem reasonable for the top level. I have some pics if you want to see the 6th floor.

Yes please. To me after 4 cruises in portholes, and french doors, it would be so nice to get away from all the noise, and have my own outdoor space Any level other than the vista ends up being 500 more, so I was looking at the vista. I'm not cheap, I'm poor.

Edited by marshhawk

Yes please. To me after 4 cruises in portholes, and french doors, it would be so nice to get away from all the noise, and have my own outdoor space Any level other than the vista ends up being 500 more, so I was looking at the vista. I'm not cheap, I'm poor.

LOL, I was not trying to upsell you, just trying to give you more information. Let us all know what you decide and how it works out.

In researching for our upcoming cruise, it appears that the Vista deck aft wraps have a large metal overhang overtop. Definatly no sun from pictures I've seen and maybe considered somewhat obstructed as they are always priced less than the other aft wraps (on Dream class ships only)

In researching for our upcoming cruise, it appears that the Vista deck aft wraps have a large metal overhang overtop. Definatly no sun from pictures I've seen and maybe considered somewhat obstructed as they are always priced less than the other aft wraps (on Dream class ships only)
There def is a an overhang, I wouldn't say no sun, but def less sun.

I would highly recommend the deck 6 wraps. We stayed in 6479 and it was PERFECT. We liked the sofa, which the upper wraps do not have. We also liked the alcove design of the cabin door which made it VERY quiet. We did not hear any noise from the Burgundy lounge below. The views were amazing and there was decent privacy at some spots on the deck. If you google Carnival Dream 6479 you will see several photos.

I would highly recommend the deck 6 wraps. We stayed in 6479 and it was PERFECT. We liked the sofa, which the upper wraps do not have. We also liked the alcove design of the cabin door which made it VERY quiet. We did not hear any noise from the Burgundy lounge below. The views were amazing and there was decent privacy at some spots on the deck. If you google Carnival Dream 6479 you will see several photos.

We are in 6479 Apr 27..... Do you have any pic of the inside?

Thanks

It is one long hallway when you look out the 2nd door.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Dang I so want one. I have a pothole inside on main. One day I'll get my balcony. Until then I'll cruise 2 times a year. But I still want one even though I have a small budget.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

You don't hear the scraping...not that I could remember. For the price; it's a perfect cabin. Obviously if you can afford the "real wrap" you'd do that but these cabins are great! We had 9472 on Magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 9472 last October. The balcony was wonderful! But....the cabin itself had no place to sit except the stool at the vanity. Oh, and the chair scraping starts at about 500 am....and ends around 1000 pm. Also the room had a strange configuration. We wished we were back in our cove balcony from our previous Dream cruise.

We had 9472 last October. The balcony was wonderful! But....the cabin itself had no place to sit except the stool at the vanity. Oh, and the chair scraping starts at about 500 am....and ends around 1000 pm. Also the room had a strange configuration. We wished we were back in our cove balcony from our previous Dream cruise.

6th floor room is much bigger and no scraping noises. I know it kind of goes against the flow of a higher floor being a better cabin but in this case it is true.

6th floor room is much bigger and no scraping noises. I know it kind of goes against the flow of a higher floor being a better cabin but in this case it is true.

The lower floors are all a different category...so of course they are better rooms...but they are also much more expensive. This is comparing a regular balcony with these 2 rooms on Vista that are a special case.

The lower floors are all a different category...so of course they are better rooms...but they are also much more expensive. This is comparing a regular balcony with these 2 rooms on Vista that are a special case.

Not sure if I understand you. All of the aft wraps are 9C's except the 9th floor. The reason for them not being (a 9c) is that it is a much smaller room (the stairwell which takes a large part of the room away). IF that is what you are saying, I agree. I wuld also agree that 9c's are more expensive but personally think the balcony (and addtional space) more than make up the cost differential. You would be correct that the 9th floor would be the cheapest entry point in a wrap balcony.

Not sure if I understand you. All of the aft wraps are 9C's except the 9th floor. The reason for them not being (a 9c) is that it is a much smaller room (the stairwell which takes a large part of the room away). IF that is what you are saying, I agree. I wuld also agree that 9c's are more expensive but personally think the balcony (and addtional space) more than make up the cost differential. You would be correct that the 9th floor would be the cheapest entry point in a wrap balcony.

Yes, that is what I meant...they are the cheapest wrap. When we were on the Magic we had 9472 and my brother was a few doors down in a balcony that was the same price as our modified wrap.

Yes, that is what I meant...they are the cheapest wrap. When we were on the Magic we had 9472 and my brother was a few doors down in a balcony that was the same price as our modified wrap.

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion.

DW and I were in Cabin 9472 in 2012. We loved it! We heard very little noise from above, only one or two mornings did I hear anything, but not loud enough to wake my wife.

The balcony is narrower than the other aft wraps, but considering it is priced as the normal 8D balconies, it was a steal! I can post some pictures if you are interested.

There is no obstructed view, and yes there is an overhang. We never got direct sunlight, but it was a godsend on the last day and half of our cruise. We ran into some pretty big storms, and while everyone else was stuck inside, we had no problems sitting out on our balcony.