What has happened to NCL Prices?

Not sure if this is a UK only situation but what has happened to NCL suite prices? Specifically, the Breakaway out of NY on the 22nd June.

I booked a BC with air and pre-cruise hotel in June 2013 for 3 PAX at £5750. Having watched the price change over the last few months I have now managed to upgrade (thanks NCL) to an S5 Haven Penthouse Suite with Unlimited Beverage Package and Ultimate Dining Package for a £6417 i.e. less than £700 ($1,000) to move from a basic balcony to the Suite life :D.

By way of comparison, my original BC is still showing at £5750 but now including the dining package as well.

Why such a small differentiation between balcony and suite, especially as you are currently getting the beverage package thrown in with a suite booking?

Perhaps I am wrong but I am sure the differentiation between balcony and suite is not usually so small!

Not sure if this is a UK only situation but what has happened to NCL suite prices? Specifically' date=' the Breakaway out of NY on the 22nd June.

I booked a BC with air and pre-cruise hotel in June 2013 for 3 PAX at £5750. Having watched the price change over the last few months I have now managed to upgrade (thanks NCL) to an S5 Haven Penthouse Suite with Unlimited Beverage Package and Ultimate Dining Package for a £6417 i.e. less than £700 ($1,000) to move from a basic balcony to the Suite life :D.

By way of comparison, my original BC is still showing at £5750 but now including the dining package as well.

Why such a small differentiation between balcony and suite, especially as you are currently getting the beverage package thrown in with a suite booking?

Perhaps I am wrong but I am sure the differentiation between balcony and suite is not usually so small![/quote']

Perhaps you overpaid for the balcony? Perhaps it's related to a promotion regarding the 3rd person?

If you price the balcony for 2 people (5750/2) = 2875GBP = $ 4743 pp. Add another $1,000 between you = $ 5,243 pp. + 3rd person sails free.

Seems an appropriate price for a suite....

If that is a UK deal, I hope it works it's way to the US.

It already was as the ultimate freesome promo that ended about two weeks ago. Price drops in Breakaway and Getaway are not directly related except that both are means of trying to fill the ship.

Edited by Demonyte