How to bring water

Can you let us know what you wind up doing and how you make out when you get back? I am going on the Explorer in May and would like to do the same.

Just got on explorer I put a 12 pack of water in a suit case just made it to the room no problem

I would hope that they are a lot more careful with the plumbing at the bars and restaurants. I would assume that they are checking the water there for contamination. The problem with my bathroom sink was the aeroator. So if you find your water not coming out either cold or hot, or not good pressure, I wouldn't drink it.

I do have to admit, I have a problem drinking water from any bathroom sink, even my own, even though I know it's the same water in the rest of the house.:o

A lot more careful? Sorry, but fresh water plumbing is fresh water plumbing is fresh water plumbing. Like you said at home, it's the same water. You shower and flush the toilet with the same water they use to do the dishes, mix into food. As far as ice machines and fountain soda, and draft beer, these all generally have additional filtration.

So I get the carryon thing. We are flying Southwest and they allow 2 bags per person. We aren't heavy packers. Even my kids share a suitcase. I really don't want to lug water around. Is it not just possible to bring a couple of cases of bottled water filling up that extra suitcase as mentioned by the OP? Or even filling it with very large water bottles? I've actually always brought refillable water bottles on the ship, but now I'm wondering about this sodium thing. I try to drink 60-80 oz of water per day. I've always been super bloated on the ships. I assumed it was from the food I was eating as I do tend to totally pig out since I have to watch what I eat every other day of my life. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We were on Indy from 3/29 - 4/6 and carried on three 12 packs of soda in a bag. We were stopped at security and they looked at the cases and asked how many cabins we had, then let us go without taking any of them.

We also taped a luggage tag to a case of water. The water did show up to our cabin, but it had a notes stating that is was not allowed to be brought on.