Platinum Perk

dgadberry

As a platinum guest you can have them join you for the priority check in.

Just how would that work?:confused:

Miami port, the Breeze.

As soon as you walk in up there is a VIP sign, someone looks at your paperwork and walks you around the side about 20ft to someone who checks your passports.Then we got walked another 10ft to go thru metal detectors.

Once passed, we went another 25ft to a vip room where there is one person behind a laptop and within 30 seconds had our S&S in hand.

We then walked by a very long line another 200ft until we got to a room with hundreds of people in rows waiting to get to the counter to check in and get their S&S. We continued some distance on the side to bypass it all to get right on the ship.

As we exited the room we saw tables with containers that contained S&S cards.

Our friends were not allowed to come with us unless they were on our S&S account or had the reservations linked. I experienced this less than 2 weeks ago. We were omboard 45 minutes before them

As a platinum guest you can have them join you for the priority check in.

No you can't. They won't even be allowed into the VIP lounge if their boarding pass doesn't say Priority, and their S&S cards won't be there either.

They have closed the loophole that allowed non-platinums even when on the same credit card being able to board through the VIP lounge.

No you can't. They won't even be allowed into the VIP lounge if their boarding pass doesn't say Priority, and their S&S cards won't be there either.

They have closed the loophole that allowed non-platinums even when on the same credit card being able to board through the VIP lounge.

Not true-- if the non-platinum is linked to your S & S account and they are also a minor( under 21 by Carnival standards) they are allowed to use the VIP lounge board with you.

At the time of booking I was told this- checked with them on this on Saturday - was assured this is correct.

Not true-- if the non-platinum is linked to your S & S account and they are also a minor( under 21 by Carnival standards) they are allowed to use the VIP lounge board with you.

At the time of booking I was told this- checked with them on this on Saturday - was assured this is correct.

You were told wrong or asked the wrong question. Minor children are allowed to board with you if they are linked to your booking OR anyone in the SAME cabin. These folks will also have Priority on their Boarding Passes. No Priority, no go.

• 1 month later...

I know they changed this policy, but the "practice" out of Galveston had not changed as of May 11, 2014. We had two staterooms and only one platinum (me). We had no minor children and our rooms were reservation linked. We showed up and all four S&S cards (1 plat and 3 gold) were ALL at VIP registration.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You were told wrong or asked the wrong question. Minor children are allowed to board with you if they are linked to your booking OR anyone in the SAME cabin. These folks will also have Priority on their Boarding Passes. No Priority, no go.

If your minor children are on your S&S and in a different cabin, but linked YES, they will board with you.

I had myself, my dh, and my dd22 in one cabin, and my brother35, MY DS17 and MY DD7 in another cabin. I am platinum and everyone else was gold...because my two minor children were in the other cabin, we all (6) of us went to VIP lounge. AND we were all on same spending account. This was last month on Pride ;)

If your minor children are on your S&S and in a different cabin, but linked YES, they will board with you.

I had myself, my dh, and my dd22 in one cabin, and my brother35, MY DS17 and MY DD7 in another cabin. I am platinum and everyone else was gold...because my two minor children were in the other cabin, we all (6) of us went to VIP lounge. AND we were all on same spending account. This was last month on Pride ;)

That's what I said..,. minor children can board. In Miami, EVERYONE who is eligible for Priority Boarding under FTTF, platinum, diamond and Wedding, will have it noted on their Boarding Pass. Without such notation, you will not be permitted into the priority areas. They check at several places.

I had my daughter and her fiancee linked to my sail and sign account in Port Canaveral on the Sensation. I was paying for the whole trip. I am the only platinum. There paperwork did not say VIP and they were allowed through with me and their cards were in with mine in the VIP lounge.

Maybe it varies from port to port.

Kathy

I think it depends upon the port and who you talk to upon arrival at the VIP entrance.

On our Paradise cruise from Tampa in November 2013, they would NOT allow a non-Platinum couple we were traveling with to check in with us. However, just a couple of weeks ago, in Jacksonville, two non-Platinum couples were allowed to check-in and board with us. Their SNS cards were NOT linked to our accounts.

In the Jacksonville scenario, the SNS cards were NOT stored in the VIP area. Once we entered the VIP room, a "receptionist" greeted us, asked for our boarding documents, and then proceeded to have the cards retrieved from another location and brought to the individual who was checking us all in.

Again, I think it depends upon the port and how they are set up for check-in.

Garnett

Carnival should be consistent with their VIP boarding policy. If there are only minors in another cabin, they should be able to board with their parents who are Platinum.

With the credit card loophole & having additional cabins on your card it makes Priority boarding such a joke. Too many people taking advantage of the system.

Buy FTTF if you want to board after Priority.

With the credit card loophole & having additional cabins on your card it makes Priority boarding such a joke. Too many people taking advantage of the system.

Buy FTTF if you want to board after Priority.

They cut the credit card loophole last year when they introduced FTTF. I was beyond thrilled when they introduced FTTF because it put a limit on how many people could take advantage of VIP boarding and check-in--before, it was pretty much limitless.

The OP didn't mention children, but since it was brought up, I totally agree with minor children being able to board with their minor children, even if they're in another cabin in order to make boarding easier. Snapfus happen with paperwork at check-in and I'd want the assurance that my hypothetical child was onboard.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

that although there is a policy

it really depends on the port and people you run into there

we are platinum, and I couldn't get a hard answer out of anyone on the phone at carnival, so I just bought as a gift FTTF for friends of ours travelling with us

the main reason, I didn't think they'd meet up with before the cruise with their personal travel schedule, AND didn't want to delay MYSELF getting on the boat to wait on them, so it was their anniversary and first cruise so blew the fitty as a gift

my wife and I were in seats one and two in the vip line

they were on the ship within an hour or less so it was no big deal and the line wasn't long when they go there anyway

however, let it be said, I was major leage po'd a couple years ago when there was one of those family groups of about 16 people coming in and one of them was platinum, we were in Jacksonville and already sitting in the lounge and had been told we were next, then this group showed up and got put in front of us and with about 7 cabins is caused us several minutes delay and hey, that's what its all about isn't it?

we work for years to earn vip and then watch umpteen people go ahead of us in the line!!!! I still remember those nauseating green shirts they all had on!!!:mad:

That's what I said..,. minor children can board. In Miami, EVERYONE who is eligible for Priority Boarding under FTTF, platinum, diamond and Wedding, will have it noted on their Boarding Pass. Without such notation, you will not be permitted into the priority areas. They check at several places.

I was saying there boarding pass didn't say priority because they were in a different cabin ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Minor children who are not platinum can, of course, board with their parents who are. (Sorry, I thought that was a given.) Otherwise, no one can board with platinum guests unless they've also reached that status or higher. (Weddings and handicapped go before any of these.)

I know they changed this policy, but the "practice" out of Galveston had not changed as of May 11, 2014. We had two staterooms and only one platinum (me). We had no minor children and our rooms were reservation linked. We showed up and all four S&S cards (1 plat and 3 gold) were ALL at VIP registration.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow, that's interesting. We sailed in April out of Galveston and were split up. Our reservations were linked and everything. We beat them to our stateroom by less than 10 minutes, so it was no big deal. But, I wish Carnival would be consistent.