Porch on Silhouette for embarkation?

Barwick Cruiser

Does anyone know if The Porch on Silhouette will be open for lunch when we embark in June? We usually do Bistro to avoid the buffet chaos but like the idea of The Porch being outdoors.

Thanks, Cathy

We went to the porch on the reflection in February!! It is very nice outdoors and was not crowded at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile ap

Thanks for the great info! If it's raining we'll go to Bistro and if sunny we'll head up to the Porch...perfect!!!

Cathy

I'm pretty sure The Porch is covered with glass panels, so you should be able to enjoy that venue even if it's raining. We dined there several times on Reflection, but can't remember for certain. We always enjoyed our meals there, however. Great views!

Edited by boogs

Does anyone know if The Porch on Silhouette will be open for lunch when we embark in June? We usually do Bistro to avoid the buffet chaos but like the idea of The Porch being outdoors.

Thanks, Cathy

Hi Cathy,

We went to The Porch on embarkation on our Reflection cruise in February. The food and service was great and it wasn't crowded, but we found it to be VERY hot in there. The sun was beating down on us and there was no relief from it. We couldn't wait to get out of there and hit the Sunset Bar ;)

Linda

Hi Cathy,

We went to The Porch on embarkation on our Reflection cruise in February. The food and service was great and it wasn't crowded, but we found it to be VERY hot in there. The sun was beating down on us and there was no relief from it. We couldn't wait to get out of there and hit the Sunset Bar ;)

Linda

Thanks Linda, that's something to keep in mind. I didn't realize about the glass panels but that would def make it feel like a greenhouse! Guess we'll head up there and see how it feels before deciding whether to stay...I'm just glad there's an outdoor option to Bistro!

Cathy

Can someone tell me what kind of food you can get in the Porch and what the charge is ? Thanks

The menu is on celebrity's website. There are a few different paninis with chips, soups and salads. For dessert there are an assortment of daily cupcakes and pies. The cover charge is $5pp and you can get as much as you want!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile ap

Can someone tell me what kind of food you can get in the Porch and what the charge is ? Thanks

You pretty much get the same food at the Porch that you do in the buffet. The only difference, you pay $5 to get served, and sometimes the service is very slow.

You pretty much get the same food at the Porch that you do in the buffet. The only difference, you pay $5 to get served, and sometimes the service is very slow.

Nope! Wrong! Most items aren't available at the buffet, and those few that are similar are better and fresher at The Porch. There are many differences, including the view, the lack of crowds, and being served instead of self serve. Two different venues - two different menus - two different ambiance. It's one of our favorite places to grab breakfast or lunch.

Edited by boogs

Nope! Wrong! Most items aren't available at the buffet, and those few that are similar are better and fresher at The Porch. There are many differences, including the view, the lack of crowds, and being served instead of self serve. Two different venues - two different menus - two different ambiance. It's one of our favorite places to grab breakfast or lunch.

Agree totally with you....on the Silhouette we found it was very good;)

I'm pretty sure The Porch is covered with glass panels, so you should be able to enjoy that venue even if it's raining. We dined there several times on Reflection, but can't remember for certain. We always enjoyed our meals there, however. Great views!

It is fully covered but can get very warm. A few weeks ago we dined there twice on the Reflection including the day of embarkation and it was warm. Food was good and it was nice not having to deal with crowds or a buffet.

Edited by cruisingator2

On the Silhouette, where is the Lawn Club and The Porch located?

Thanks, could not find them on the website where I was looking, and on the actual Celebrity one, I have trouble getting on all the time! Do they serve the same food at The Porch as Bistro on Five? I am not much of a fan of buffets.

Thanks, could not find them on the website where I was looking, and on the actual Celebrity one, I have trouble getting on all the time! Do they serve the same food at The Porch as Bistro on Five? I am not much of a fan of buffets.

Deck 15 in the lawn area. They do not serve the same type food as Bistro On Five on the Silhouette.

Thanks for the quick reply, make I ask what the difference is between the two restaurants? I was under the impression, that they both were sandwiches and salads. Again, thank you.

Bistro On Five serves savory and sweet crepes.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_bistro_on_five&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

The Porch serves Panini's. Both serve salads with Bistro On Five serving small entree salads. Both offer dessert. I don't recall Panini's on the Reflection menu. The menu in the link below was not the same menu on the Reflection.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_the_porch&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Edited by cruisingator2

Here is a graphic showing where they are located. The Lawn Club Grill is almost directly in the center. The Porch is located at the bottom right above the word "cruise...".

nf01209f.jpg