FLL port

vanrrr

There is a Publix just off of 17th St South which is 1A1 that leads to the Beach and to the port.

Cabs from the airport usually go a different way (back way) into the Port, so you will need to specify.

You can also get wine at the store if you want to take that on board too.

Instead of bringing a case of water, we used our own water containers and just filled them up with ice and water from the HC. That is another option.

Check google maps and you should see it.

Edited by stay_or_go
added the wine part

There is a Publix just off of 17th St South which is 1A1 that leads to the Beach and to the port.

Cabs from the airport usually go a different way (back way) into the Port, so you will need to specify.

You can also get wine at the store if you want to take that on board too.

Instead of bringing a case of water, we used our own water containers and just filled them up with ice and water from the HC. That is another option.

Check google maps and you should see it.

Here's a screen shot from google maps442118443_Picture4.jpg.255ae1636dcc280b8a3e815cc506c6d0.jpg

You can see the airport on lower left, the port on right and 17th St. Causeway near top right with Publix, Winn-Dixie and convenience stores.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

If the cab does go by way of 17th St. there is a Publix on Cordova west of the cruise port entrance.

Also, if you want to save money on water, rather than using the water in HC you might want to up to the Fitness Center and fill up there with the filtered cold water.

Not sure this matters to the OP (we all have our own issues and preferences) but for the sake of others we would point out that the tap water on most cruise ships (including the Ruby Princess) will generally equal or exceed the quality of any bottled water. We do a lot of cruising (over 100 days last year) and used "bottled water" every day. We just took our sports water bottle and filled it from the tap :) or had it filled in the Lido.

Hank

There is also a Winn-Dixie at 17th and Cordova which is little easier to get in and out of then the Publix. But Walgreens at 17th and Eisenhower and has a parking lot would be another good choice. In my mind's eye I don't see a convenient CVS.

There is also a Winn-Dixie at 17th and Cordova which is little easier to get in and out of then the Publix. But Walgreens at 17th and Eisenhower and has a parking lot would be another good choice. In my mind's eye I don't see a convenient CVS.

There is a CVS on the southeast corner of 17th street and US1. Come out of the airport and go north on US1 to 17th street. Get your supplies and have the taxi exit the CVS going east on 17th street. You'll be at the port in less than a mile. CVS and Publix both have easy-in, easy-out parking lots. I can't speak about the others.