How long are passports taking these days?

Rick-n-Lisa

Ordered mine from home in Merritt Island Florida, but used the expedited service due to

short time in between two cruises. It took two weeks from the time I mailed the

application, to receiving both my passport and the new passport card I also opted

for. It is an extra 60 bucks to expedite, but was worth it for me not to worry.

We sent my daughter's application in on March 3, and received her passport on the 21st. So, less than three weeks for us. This was for a renewal, not a new passport, which might make a difference.

If you've already sent in the application, you can check the status here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/application-status.html

It took almost two weeks for anything to show up on this site, and by that time her passport was practically on its way back to us. But at least it was nice to know that they had received the application.

To renew my daughters (they both went from 5 to 10 year cycle) was less than a month. We went through the post office so there was an extra fee to process, think it was $25 each.

We did the same thing for our son's passport. It's been four weeks and we haven't received it yet.

We sent my daughter's application in on March 3, and received her passport on the 21st. So, less than three weeks for us. This was for a renewal, not a new passport, which might make a difference.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/application-status.html

It took almost two weeks for anything to show up on this site, and by that time her passport was practically on its way back to us. But at least it was nice to know that they had received the application.

Thank you for this link :) I just checked the status of our passports. We applied at the post office on 3/1/14. The link tells me our passports have been mailed and are expected to be received on 3/31/14. These are new passports for us, not renewals, and we did not pay for expedited service.

Applied at the County courthouse on February 18th for new passports that were scheduled to expire in August 2014. My son's was processed in New Hampshire and took three weeks. Mine and my wifes were processed in Charleston, South Carolina and took an additional week. The three expired passports were sent back to me five weeks after we originally applied for the new ones.

when you apply for a new passport you have to send your expired one back, right? Do they send you back your old one?

in this case you are asking for a 'renewal' ... not a new

IME yes you get the old one back, but 'defaced' in a way the agents know not to accept it . . .

for the reminder - I finally have everything together and 100 days till cruise time...but I can completely see me in April saying OMG I forgot to send it in....I need to figure out how to avoid the post office and do it on my own.:o

in this case you are asking for a 'renewal' ... not a new

IME yes you get the old one back, but 'defaced' in a way the agents know not to accept it . . .

Yeah I mean renewal. Thank you! I would hate to not have it back, even though there is only one and 1/4 stamp that you can bearly see!

Thanks for that helpful link!