Feel like such a newbie

Even after 11 cruises, just never RCCL.

So here's the back story

Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas.

Wifes meds cause allergic reaction to the sun. Yes, but she still loves to cruise. (no, the reaction is not life threatening. Just high sensitivity. Plus, we're from Washington State. We rust, not burn :D )

We purposely purchased a GS cabin for the additional perks.

We will be stopping at Coco Cay. I also see that there is another ship there that day.

To help with wifes condition,,, we really really desire a cabana.

Question

I understand that one of the perks of a GS is that we are assigned a consierge. From my research, the consierge contacts us before the cruise to assist us? Is this correct?

Or should I contact the concierge?

Correct. Most of the time (but not always) the concierge will email you about a week ahead of debarkation to introduce him/herself and let you know all the suite amenities available to you. He/she can also arrange a cabana rental. If you do not get that email a week ahead, feel free to email the concierge yourself. Their email addresses are found in the separate thread here on CC titled "Current Concierges".

Have you checked to see if you can pre-book a cabana - like you can book a shore excursion - online? Another suggestion would be to contact RC's special needs group and see if they can help. The concierge should e-mail you prior to the cruise, but I don't know if it's just a courtesy thing to introduce him/herself to you or if they will be able to take care of special requests at that time.

Even after 11 cruises, just never RCCL.

So here's the back story

Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas.

Wifes meds cause allergic reaction to the sun. Yes, but she still loves to cruise. (no, the reaction is not life threatening. Just high sensitivity. Plus, we're from Washington State. We rust, not burn :D )

We purposely purchased a GS cabin for the additional perks.

We will be stopping at Coco Cay. I also see that there is another ship there that day.

To help with wifes condition,,, we really really desire a cabana.

Question

I understand that one of the perks of a GS is that we are assigned a consierge. From my research, the consierge contacts us before the cruise to assist us? Is this correct?

Or should I contact the concierge?

You are correct. Typically the Concierge (who is associated with the Concierge Lounge to which as a GS passenger you will have access) will contact you 1-2 weeks prior to your sailing date and one of the things they will discuss is the Cabanas.

You can also try reaching out the them but I would suggest waiting until that 1-2 week time frame for best response timing. The email for Freedom is:

FR_Conceirge@rccl.com

Note the underscore between FR and Concierge.

Enjoy your cruise and your GS!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Have you checked to see if you can pre-book a cabana - like you can book a shore excursion - online? Another suggestion would be to contact RC's special needs group and see if they can help. The concierge should e-mail you prior to the cruise, but I don't know if it's just a courtesy thing to introduce him/herself to you or if they will be able to take care of special requests at that time.

Not sure if you can prebook a cabana on line at CocoCay as in our experience it was arranged through the CL Concierge as described. (On Labadee the Barefoot Beach cabanas associated with suites are handled through the Concierge as well. Only those cabanas at Nellie's Beach on Labadee are available on line).

The contact from the CL Concierge is for more than just an introduction - advance suite cabana reservations are in fact part of that communication.

The suggestion to contact special needs might help as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind