How long to get an email answer from Celebrity Guest Relations - 8 days and waiting?

Raven17

I sent an email with a question/concern to Celebrity 8 days ago at the guest relations email. I got the standard automated response about my email being addressed in the order it was received.....etc

8 days later, I have still not got an answer. Is this normal with Celebrity.

I sent an email with a question/concern to Celebrity 8 days ago at the guest relations email. I got the standard automated response about my email being addressed in the order it was received.....etc

Hi Raven,

I find Celebrity's email replies to be very hit and miss. Sometimes you receive a reply - other times not. If it's an option, I'd absolutely recommend calling Captains Club, and speak directly with a Celebrity representative.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise !

I have been waiting a week as well for an answer. Curious what those in the know will say. Seems like a long time to answer a question.
If they really answer them in the order in which they are received, then I guess I am ahead of both of you in the queue of passengers who are waiting for a reply. :D

I have not yet received replies to emails I sent them 2 or 3 years ago, except for the initial automated response that lets you know your message was received.

Do not hold your breath waiting for any kind of sensible or logical reply from Celebrity---- they just are not capable of it. In the early fall of 2013 we NEVER were told by Celebrity that the DEC 7th INFINITY port of departure was changed from MIA >> FLL. Thanks to CC we did learn of the correct departure location. In the weeks before departure, MANY passengers had nightmares-of-struggles with their on-line pre-boarding processes. Hard to figure out what makes CELEBRITY tick.

Well good luck with the wait, I sent an e mail 3 weeks before my cruise asking a question, got the automated response, I went on my cruise without an answer and it's now three weeks since I returned from my cruise still without response, so I suppose that's 8 weeks in total........Celebrity Guest relations on the ship were great and very efficient, but the web version is rubbish and Celebrity should be ashamed.

I emailed captains club over a month ago. 10 days after that email I resent it. This past Monday I did it again asking why a month wait. I actually got a phone call back from center in Hwd FL. But......

I couldn't answer it then and they left a msg. Msg said to call a number and gave me an extension to enter. Entering an extension was not an option at that number. Also, the "receive a call back" option didn't work so I was on hold for 20 minutes waiting to get an extension.

Got the "we apologize for that". Bottom line is it NEVER should have happened in the first place.

I spent 25+ years in the Hotel/Restaurant industry. I am very aware of problems that arise and how they should be handled. Reading the problems that other cruisers are experiencing and seeing 1st hand how mine were handled tells me Celebrity better get a handle on their call centers and customer service or they will loose many of their loyal customers.

Lets all hope the pre-cruise apathy doesn't spill over to the on-board experience!

Sue

In the last month I have had occasion to contact a major car rental company, hotel chain and cruise line (Celebrity). Both the car rental company and the hotel change provided an immediate automated response acknowledging that they actually received the email. Carefully considered responses from real human beings followed in less than 24 hours (MUCH less in one case). As I travel a fair bit for business, it's not unusual that I have to make these sort of inquiries and the response times I just noted are very typical.

I'm still awaiting any sort of response at all from Celebrity for over a week now - no idea if they even received my email. As another poster noted, this is indeed disgraceful. As I've only taken one cruise in my life, my question to you others is, is this typical of cruise line behaviour? Or is it unique to Celebrity? Thanks

Hi guys

I joined a previous Thread and posted regarding poor service from Celebrity asking to involve somebody or anybody to resolve a very small request.

Celebrity responded on CC and apologised! stating all would be resolved.

Guess what?

I am still waiting for a new set of documents to be issued.

It is now nearly 6 months!!!!!:eek:

Yes, I have involved the Captains Club both in the USA and UK.

Yes, I have involved the Resolutions Departments

Yes, I have involved the Social Network departments

Yes, I have involved the Customer Services Departments, both in the UK and USA

Yes I did state to Celebrity that as the matter was being dealt with I would not post the Celebrity failings on CC. Weeks have now passed!!:eek:

Unable to do no more, and I am confronted with a dismissal and a failure to undertake a small task.mad:

But it now gone beyond the pale!!:mad:

So I post:eek:

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Never, ever email anymore. I don't have the patience to send any emails to big corps and then wait until they reply. . Just phone Captains club as they are great

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And then you have zero proof of what they told you. If it's something critical to you or involves money, I want it in writing.

Quite frankly, this is one of the reasons that I use a TA especially when booking Celebrity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

And then you have zero proof of what they told you. If it's something critical to you or involves money, I want it in writing.

Quite frankly, this is one of the reasons that I use a TA especially when booking Celebrity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I do have proof because I request a confirmation by email and I don't hang up until I see it:) They can send a new invoice in seconds. I agree you need it in writing - I like my responses by email but my request is by phone :)

Edited by Christine Frances

Here is the way I am looking at my problem.

A Celebrity website glitch changed our Celebrity Select Dining to traditional dining. I called and they said they can't change it back. I explained how the website changed it, not me. Didn't matter. I emailed and said that I wanted what I originally booked changed back in a week or I would take my future business elsewhere. No answer.

Wife and I are 53/55, recently retired and will do at least 2 cruises a year. Hopefully we can do this for 30 years.

My take is the lack of response by Celebrity is a message to me that my future business is not important. If they don't want my future dollars I am sure another company will.

It takes very little to keep our business: respect and understanding is all. We are not high maintenance, but on those few occasions where something goes wrong, and it is not my fault, I do expect things to be resolved.

Edited by Raven17

Michael Bailey's office are usually very prompt.

contactmichael@celebrity.com

Sometimes they call back ( when I complained about the dreadful shore service when disembarking in FLl last April) That was within 4 days.

Sometimes they email a reply- when I asked why passengers booking through the US travel agents were given the Century Farewell OBC, even though they had booked prior to the announcement that Century was leaving the fleet and I wasn't, as I had booked via a UK TA. That one took 2 days.

I had already contacted the TA x3 as I hadn't had a reply requesting the Farewell to Century OBC. Her answer was that they couldn't contact Celebrity until they had waited 28 days- hence my email to Michael Bailey's office.

Michael Bailey's office are usually very prompt.

contactmichael@celebrity.com

Sometimes they call back ( when I complained about the dreadful shore service when disembarking in FLl last April) That was within 4 days.

Sometimes they email a reply- when I asked why passengers booking through the US travel agents were given the Century Farewell OBC, even though they had booked prior to the announcement that Century was leaving the fleet and I wasn't, as I had booked via a UK TA. That one took 2 days.

I had already contacted the TA x3 as I hadn't had a reply requesting the Farewell to Century OBC. Her answer was that they couldn't contact Celebrity until they had waited 28 days- hence my email to Michael Bailey's office.

Many thanks for Michaels e-mail, but I sent copies of all my correspondence to Celebrity. It was over 10 transcripts and e-mails over a period of one hour. The RCL/Celebrity server then decided that by sending this amount of sends I was SPAM and went about it's own sweet way to block my e-mail address/s and name.

So now I can not send anything to Celebrity and RCL. Celebrity customer services are aware of the problem and advised their IT Department to do something. That was three weeks ago and nothing had changed.:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I actually got a reply from an email I sent to Michael @ celebrity! It came in the form of a phone call from a blocked number that I almost didn't answer. Apologies were made and an offer for OBC. Strange thing is only 1/2 the amount of OBC that was offered has been added to my account. Will give it a few more days.

What I find very unfortunate is that Celebrity knows they have service problems in their call centers and need to solve them -but they keep screwing up the little things! This is the 2nd time I was told one thing and it turned out to be false information.

Their attempts are good, but the follow through not so much....

Sue

Here is the way I am looking at my problem.

A Celebrity website glitch changed our Celebrity Select Dining to traditional dining. I called and they said they can't change it back. I explained how the website changed it, not me. Didn't matter. I emailed and said that I wanted what I originally booked changed back in a week or I would take my future business elsewhere. No answer.

Wife and I are 53/55, recently retired and will do at least 2 cruises a year. Hopefully we can do this for 30 years.

My take is the lack of response by Celebrity is a message to me that my future business is not important. If they don't want my future dollars I am sure another company will.

It takes very little to keep our business: respect and understanding is all. We are not high maintenance, but on those few occasions where something goes wrong, and it is not my fault, I do expect things to be resolved.

Part of the problem may be that the ultimate person in charge of your dining is the maître d on board, and perhaps they have sent a message to him and are awaiting reply.

Regardless, simply go to the maître d upon boarding and tell them you want select. Should be no problem if you address it early on board. Another option is to see if someone on the previous cruise (you could ask on the roll call) will get you switched ahead of time. They would need your name and booking number and maybe your cabin number.

I really don't think you will have any problem.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

A couple of years ago I sent an email to HAL and it took them over two months to respond. I sent one last year and are still waiting a reply, looks like things are slowing down. Hopefully X won't keep you waiting as long.

On February 28, I submitted a request for a lower rate for the 4 cabins I have booked. The rate on the Celebrity website had gone down almost $1,000 on each cabin from my booking in January. I did not even receive an automated response.

Having not heard back from Celebrity by March 7 (and no change on my reservation on-line), I called and talked to someone who couldn't even understand what I was asking. That call was beyond frustrating. I tried a few more times to call and just gave up because of the long wait. After 30 minutes I was out! And final payment date of March 30 was fast approaching.

Host Andy, I am so glad that I saw this thread and your suggestion to call Captain's Club. I never would have thought about that. I waited on hold maybe 5 minutes and talked with the nicest lady. Within 15 minutes I had my rate reduction.....$4,000 total! And, yes, I stayed on the phone with her until I received all 4 confirmations. That's a great idea.

Today I called Captain's Club again to make the final payment. The guy I talked to wasn't quite as experienced it seemed, but very nice and managed to save me $20 more on my cabin. Hey, I'll take it!

Thank you again, for the help. CC has been invaluable to me!

I rely on cc too. Sent an email to Celebrity in October and after waiting for a month and didnt hear I sent another. It has now been 5 months and nothing. Horrible customer service