Theme nights ~ RCCL don't allow you to plan ahead?

Hmm, I just phoned RCCL, to ask what the theme nights will be for my cruise, and they said that they do not know!!

He said that, he is sure that the crew decide once the ship has sailed.

I know that when I have phoned them in the past to ask about things, I get one answer and then a different answer If I speak to someone else. They don't seem to be very consistent.

How do other cruisers plan ahead for theme nights. I'm not talking formal nights. I know that my cruise will have two formal nights.

I am talking about theme nights. Eg; western

Hawaiian

White

70's

80's

ETC

Anyone have an idea what I can expect on a 10 night cruise from sydney to Tasmania?

If it helps, our cruise leaves sydney on feb 7th.

I like to plan ahead. And don't want to pack things we won't use. However I really want to participate in all the fun theme nights.

You're right that a phone operator is not going to know this information. They're there to book cruises.

I think 70s and 80s nights are on most RCL cruises so you are pretty safe packing something for those nights. You can always pack a Hawaiian' shirt....if they don't have a Hawaiian night, Hawaiian attire is appropriate any night. Pack something white. If there is no white party, you can still wear white anytime.

Just pack for flexibility and have a good time!

On my last cruise these "themes" were carried in to the Viking Crown Lounge for the earlier part of the DJ set; they were not advertised as theme nights in the Compass in that it was a theme for dinner/evening. The operator was correct; the cruise director staff will pick the schedule onboard. But they aren't treated like dress themes for dinner if that was your concern.

I would recommend asking on a roll call for the same ship that sails about 3 weeks before yours. The cruise directors usually have the same type parties every cruise. Someone on a previous sailing should be able to give you an idea of what to expect.

FYI - There has been a 70s disco party on every cruise I have sailed (all caribbean itineraries). We have also had a 50s/60s and country/western.