Freeport at the Pier

molly361

Using the Search function on Freeport I found one poster who said the only things at the place where you dock is a Senior Frogs, Fat Tuesday and a straw market.

Another post says there are lots of little places to eat, lots of bars, more than 50 vendors and a straw market at the pier.

Can any recent visitors let me know which one it is:confused: Thanks

I was in Freeport earlier this month and was surprised to see so much action at the pier. There are a lot of vendors there now. They all sell pretty much the same things (keychains, bags, magnets, t-shirts, dresses, etc), but there's a good variety if you want to pick up souvenirs or gifts. Just note that the shops closest to the pier are more expensive.

I didn't notice any other bars or restaurants, but I also wasn't looking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Twin A

Thanks for the quick answer-

You're welcome! I hope someone's able to answer your question about the restaurants/bars.

Edited by Twin A

Using the Search function on Freeport I found one poster who said the only things at the place where you dock is a Senior Frogs, Fat Tuesday and a straw market.

Another post says there are lots of little places to eat, lots of bars, more than 50 vendors and a straw market at the pier.

Can any recent visitors let me know which one it is:confused: Thanks

Have geen in Freeport several times over the years and the pier has really come alive in the last 12 months. There are many places to grab something to eat and shopping. We don't leave the pier anymore it suits our needs instead of going to Lucaya.

Have geen in Freeport several times over the years and the pier has really come alive in the last 12 months. There are many places to grab something to eat and shopping. We don't leave the pier anymore it suits our needs instead of going to Lucaya.

My sister and I were traveling with our Grandmother, who uses a wheelchair for distance. We had also planned to cab it to Lucaya until we pulled in to port. I was shocked to look out from our balcony to see the port so built up. We also decided to forgo Lucaya and stay at the pier.

How wheelchair friendly was the pier area?

Haven't been to Freeport in years!

We found it to be quite wheelchair friendly. The only drawback that I remember is that some of the shops are small with narrow entryways. We couldn't get the wheelchair in a few of them, but our Grandmother was able to walk inside just fine holding onto one of us or using her cane. Also, the shop owners were really good about getting things down for her that she wanted to look at when she was in her chair.

The pier walk is a lot shorter than Nassau's, I remember the pavement being pretty smooth, and the sidewalks have slopes (I can't think of the technical term) in places.

We were also there a little over a month ago. There are quite a few vendors there now, also some retail stores, like Del Sol, and there was A Senor Frogs there. We went into the gift shop, and peeked into the restaurant and saw people dancing on the bar, it was time to leave.

Cheers

Len

• 1 month later...
happy to hear the pier has built up...anyone happen to take pictures?

Grrr...I only have two photos, and they won't load. I took them from our balcony, so there's not too much detail, but you can get a general idea of the area around the port. Feel free to email me at TwinACruiser@gmail.com if you'd like me to send them to you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...