Booked under early saver-want to upgrade cabin

VPMJ

Hi, We are currently booked early saver and may want to upgrade our cabin. The early saver rate is no longer appearing when I do a mock booking, as we are less than 5 months out. I can see the current rates-Kids sail free and Dreaming of Vacation. Both promotions would be more expensive than what we originally booked, but we may still go for the upgrade.

My questions are, do I have to switch to one of these promotions and lose early saver, or do I pay the upgrade price, but keep "early saver"? Is there an early saver rate that only my PVP can see? I left a message, but will have to wait for a call back, and I wanted to see what to expect so I can make my decision when they call back.

Thanks!

Once early saver always early saver. You can upgrade with ES but not downgrade. If you choose to upgrade you will pay the difference in price between what you paid ES and the current rate (that you qualify). You do need to read the fine print on the current rate. Some have stipulations such as valid for new bookings only or have certain sail dates. Additionally, you can not use promos such as pack and go. Please return after you speak with your PVP. I am almost certain this info is correct by would like to have it validated so others can learn from you question. Happy Cruising.

Perhaps they will let you keep it on upgrading. I know when people have tried to get price reductions on early saver they were forced in to the new promotion. Usually the complaint was an increased deposit amount required because they originally had the $50 deposit but the new promo didn't have that.

OP update: Called back and now the voicemail said they are out today, and to call another extension. Called and spoke to the covering PVP who quoted me the "dreaming of vacation sale" rate which is $370 more. It is not worth it, as I am only moving up one floor. Couldn't get the "kids sail free" rate, as it is for new bookings only. That would have only been about $90 more, and I might have done it. But the confusing part is that he said we would lose the $200 deposit ($50 pp)?. I asked if that was true even with an upgrade and us paying more, and he said yes-we lose the deposit for ANY change to the booking. Has this happened to others? Doesn't seem right.......

OP update: Called back and now the voicemail said they are out today, and to call another extension. Called and spoke to the covering PVP who quoted me the "dreaming of vacation sale" rate which is $370 more. It is not worth it, as I am only moving up one floor. Couldn't get the "kids sail free" rate, as it is for new bookings only. That would have only been about $90 more, and I might have done it. But the confusing part is that he said we would lose the $200 deposit ($50 pp)?. I asked if that was true even with an upgrade and us paying more, and he said yes-we lose the deposit for ANY change to the booking. Has this happened to others? Doesn't seem right.......

Yes, if you are currently booked with a reduced deposit and price match to a full deposit rate, you have to pay the remainder of the deposit or the booking will be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to call back and speak to a supervisor. You can change rooms all you wish with early saver so long as it's not a downgrade. You can do lateral or go up in category, just not down. That's first. Second, plenty of people on here and I'm sure oodles more than don't post here have moved to the KSF sale with an existing booking. It's not accurate that the sale is for new bookings only. Third, I see no reason why you would lose your deposit. You want to upgrade. That's it correct? So long as you aren't changing the sailing date and/or ship, you will not lose your deposit. Call back. Whoever you spoke with is confused big time.

Yes, if you are currently booked with a reduced deposit and price match to a full deposit rate, you have to pay the remainder of the deposit or the booking will be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both the dreaming of vacation and kids sail free offer reduced deposits. So the deposit amount shouldn't even be a factor with this request.

You need to call back and speak to a supervisor. You can change rooms all you wish with early saver so long as it's not a downgrade. You can do lateral or go up in category, just not down. That's first. Second, plenty of people on here and I'm sure oodles more than don't post here have moved to the KSF sale with an existing booking. It's not accurate that the sale is for new bookings only. Third, I see no reason why you would lose your deposit. You want to upgrade. That's it correct? So long as you aren't changing the sailing date and/or ship, you will not lose your deposit. Call back. Whoever you spoke with is confused big time.

Right, I just want to move up one floor, same sailing. I didn't realize people have posted they moved from an existing booking to the KSF sale. I agree I should not lose my deposit for a paid upgrade. I did find something under the early saver terms that says something like there may be a $50 service fee pp for changes to the reservation- I guess that's what he's talking about.

I really wish my usual PVP was around. Recording says they are not back until Monday. If I ask for a supervisor at the 800-819-3902 number will that be a PVP supervisor?

Thanks for your help.

Definitely call and speak with someone else ... I've upgraded cabins several times under early saver and never lost a deposit.

The only exception to that is if you booked with the $50/pp deposit and haven't paid any additional money on the trip. You won't lose your deposit, you just have to pay the regular deposit since they are no longer having that sale.

That might be what the PVP meant by losing the $50 deposit...not actually losing the money, but the benefit of the lower deposit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The KSF sale will be over today unless they extend it. And you won't know that until they do it. :p I use a TA and never had a problem, so you can do this without your PVP. Call back and just be calm. lol. Tell the person that you need some assistance and if they cannot help to please transfer you over to a supervisor.

I was TOLD that once but it turned out not to be true. I was trying to upgrade to a balcony from an ocean view. My PVP wasn't in so I just spoke with someone after dialing the 800 number. I didn't upgrade because I was told it'd be a cancellation which would cost me most of the money paid. My PVP called me back on Monday and I told him what happened and he informed me that wasn't true. He completed my upgrade to the balcony and I only owed an additional $130. It was a balcony guarantee. I don't think they allow guarantee upgrades anymore with early saver but I could be wrong.

I totally forgot this but I booked an early saver and then a new sale came out with an on board credit. I called to see if I could get the OBC and they said it wasn't available for my cabin, but they could switch me to the new promotion with a guarantee and I'd get the OBC but lose the cabins I chose. I declined. But the point is they offered to switch my promotion without losing my deposit.

I upgraded from Interior to OV and the only thing I had to do was pay a bigger deposit (I had booked ES with $50pp deposit). Our booking is still considered ES since it is not until Oct, but I do not see how that would change for you by just upgrading.

I had called my PVP but she did not seem to care and was actually trying to talk me out of it :confused: Then she said I could call her back on Monday (this was a Friday) if I REALLY wanted to upgrade as she was on her way out. Seeing how there was only one Scenic Ocean View left I called the 800 number and did the upgrade with a different agent.

OP here: Thanks for all your advice! Especially to call back! I called and spoke to a random person and she switched my rate to "kids sail free" for the $83 difference and upgraded my room to the next deck. I even made sure to clarifiy that there are no fees/penalties to do so. She was so nice! I am very happy!

My only concern left is if my booking still shows Early Saver. I asked her and she said I am now booked under the Kids sail free fare code. I explained what everyone says about keeping ES status through pricing adjustments, and she did an online chat with Guest Services. They replied back "once early saver-always early saver". She said "thanks, I learned something today". But then I asked where it said that because she changed my room to kids sail free. She resent my booking number to Guest Service and they just replied back that my booking number is an Early Saver booking. Is there a way to see that, and is it ok that my fare code is now the kids sail free one? Just wondering if this is how it is supposed to be, or if I will have a problem if I try to get Early Saver price protection before I sail-still have almost 5 months.

Thanks again for all your helpful feedback!! :)