72 hour, slow cooked braised short ribs.

AWED23

And Michel Richard's D.C. restaurant is called "Citronelle."

Citronella is a mosquito repellant.

Yes, I know what "citronella" is. I was asking if you think the restaurant Citronelle is where the Oceania recipe for 72 hr braised short rib comes from.

CJ

That's not a short rib (lol).

I agree that it doesn't look like a short rib but that is what Oceania calls it - "72 hr braised short rib". I think that is why a lot of people don't order it thinking it is some kind of stew. It is delicious by the way.

CJ

That's not a short rib (lol).

You are correct. The shown cooked piece is referred to in the business as a 3 rib corner, boneless. I much prefer the 3 rib bone in for the flavor emitted from the short rib marrow itself. Boneless is like osso bucco with the the marrow removed. Need that marrow for the gravy!!! :D

Edited by AWED23

The picture was taken last week in the Terrace Buffet on Riviera and that is what they call it. Whatever it is, it's delicious and worth trying. To AWED - there is a wonderful gravy that goes with it - maybe that's where they use the marrow bones.

Catherine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt they are delicious. We were served "short ribs" that looked like that in business class on a United Airlines flight to Paris a couple of years ago. They were so dry you couldn't cut them with the plastic knife (you could have used them as a cudgel and knocked someone out), and worst of all the flight attendant plated them with his bare hands, periodically licking the barbecue sauce off of his fingers! Gross.

That resulted in two $350 flight discount vouchers, to United's credit. That night we went to Michelin 3-star chef Guy Savoy's casual rotisserie restaurant near the Seine and saw the staffer plating the food, again with bare hands, stick his pinkie in his ear canal. When we told the maître 'd, he responded in Classic Gallic fashion: "Vell, at least he did not do zis!" as he pointed his index finger up to his nostrils with a turning motion...

The picture was taken last week in the Terrace Buffet on Riviera and that is what they call it. Whatever it is, it's delicious and worth trying. To AWED - there is a wonderful gravy that goes with it - maybe that's where they use the marrow bones.

Catherine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catherine, please do not misunderstand my comment, Braised short ribs, boneless or bone-in are one of my most favorite things! Especially if served with it's natural gravy on noodles...Mashed potatos work for me also....Rob..Just an old retired butcher.

No doubt they are delicious. We were served "short ribs" that looked like that in business class on a United Airlines flight to Paris a couple of years ago. They were so dry you couldn't cut them with the plastic knife (you could have used them as a cudgel and knocked someone out), and worst of all the flight attendant plated them with his bare hands, periodically licking the barbecue sauce off of his fingers! Gross.

That resulted in two $350 flight discount vouchers, to United's credit. That night we went to Michelin 3-star chef Guy Savoy's casual rotisserie restaurant near the Seine and saw the staffer plating the food, again with bare hands, stick his pinkie in his ear canal. When we told the maître 'd, he responded in Classic Gallic fashion: "Vell, at least he did not do zis!" as he pointed his index finger up to his nostrils with a turning motion...

Can't imagine how you manage to watch what is going on in all the kitchens.

You will not be able to eat out at all if you do continue to do that. :confused:

Edited by orchestrapal