LAX or LGB post cruise

lovecruzin

Apologies ahead of time, I haven't done a thorough search:o

We are Disembarking Century on 4/26. There is an 11am flight out of LGB, is that too risky? If so, what would be the earliest you would recommend out of LAX or SNA?

Thanks!

Apologies ahead of time, I haven't done a thorough search:o

We are Disembarking Century on 4/26. There is an 11am flight out of LGB, is that too risky? If so, what would be the earliest you would recommend out of LAX or SNA?

Thanks!

You've got a "decent" chance of making an 11 am flight out of LGB...BUT, the problem is that, if you miss it, there probably isn't another one...

I'm not sure where you are flying to, but, LAX would give you the largest number of choices at the greatest number of times...

Ordinarily, I would say NOON would be the earliest you should schedule a flight...

Miostly because you never know exactly when the ship will clear customs and allow people to start disembarking...or how long it may take to line up and leave the ship...

Once you're off, it's Saturday, so traffic should not be terrible (though, again, you never know...could be an accident...or freeway construction)...

And you don't know whether you'll have a hassle with luggage or with finding your ride...

If you nhave a NOON flight, you'll want to be at LAX by around 10:00 am...so, even accounting for traffic, if you are off the ship by 9:00, you should make it easily...

Thanks for the quick response. San Pedro is a new port for us so I would rather not risk it! We are just flying to Sac so I'll look for a flight from LAX or Orange

I would imagine there would be at least a few different choices for flights to Sacramento. If I were you, I would go with a flight noon or later so you won't get stressed out if the disembarkation process starts late.

If you are going to Sacramento, I assume that you are planning on flying Southwest. They don't fly out of Long Beach, but do fly to Sacramento out of either LAX or John Wayne airports. Best to plan on a flight after noon. I have been on cruises disembarking in San Pedro where those with 1100 flights missed their plane.

SNA is my local airport. The terminal won't be very busy midday on a weekend. I'd allow 1h15 travel time from the dock to the curbside at SNA. If you're at the checkin counter no later than 1 hour before departure you will be OK.

Both LGB and SNA are small and they are quick and easy to get through. WN uses Terminal C at SNA, which is the last one along the terminal loop. (All 3 terminals are connected both landside and airside).