Which MDR on Divina is better?

kj_connections

I'm not sure one is better than the other. The food all comes out of the same kitchen. We always dined in the Black Crab. It is the most convenient to get to, get off the elevator on Deck Five and head to the doors.

Villa Rosa was a bit more inaccessible. IF you got off the mid ship elevator on deck six, you had to down one deck to get to the Villa Rosa. I often wondered what they were thinking when the designed some areas of the Divina.

If you like a "view" during your breakfast or lunch, there are aft windows in the Villa Rosa (sp?).

However, I don't know what the service is like or distance from kitchen the VR is. Also, if you have a cabin in the aft part of the ship, then VR might be "easier" to get to with the less used aft elevators. Note that you have to use stairs to get in depending on which elevators you use.

If you like coffee and water service during your meals I would recommend going to The Black Crab. Gueseppe, the Maitre D (I don't know if there is more than one, but he was the only one I saw and I talked to him several times), is at least working diligently with his staff to improve coffee and water service to what I am going to call North American expectations. He admitted that the first few months have been very trying for the staff as they are trying to overcome culture differences and changes in their established routines.

I just reread this post and considering the reply was to a dining room question I didn't mention food at all so I guess it shows my bias to views and coffee/water, lol.

I don't know if this helpful, so let me know if you other questions as I just got off the ship today.

Cheers! Raoul

Thanks! Sounds like Black Crab is easier to access. My cabin is near the front of the ship so Black Crab will probably be easier to get to for me.

You definitely want to use Black Crab. We were mid ship, very easy to get to. We weren't about to go through a maze just to get to the Villa Rosa.

Do you actually have a choice of what dining room you have for dinner? or are you assigned one at check in?

Dinner seating was assigned, we did not have a dining room choice on our last four MSC carib sailings. But, we were able to move to more comfortable tables twice, upon request, without choice of dining rooms. btw, the fantail views from Villa Rossa are nice during daylight dining, breakfast or lunch, when you can choose your dining room.