How long to debark from Long Beach?

Hi all, I'm trying to arrange Super Shuttle to pick us up after our Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration in Long Beach. We arrive at 8am but flight is not until 4pm. It's my first cruise so I'm not sure what time I should have Super Shuttle take us to the airport. How long does it take to debark? What time do you have shuttle services for you? Any advice would help. I hope I selected the correct forum...

Thanks.

From the time your group is called to standing at the curb should be around 30 minutes, maybe a little less.

But, as the ship will be empty by 9:30, you have a late flight, and nothing else planned, why not tell Super Shuttle 10am, seek the last disembark group, and perhaps you have to wait a couple minutes?

Hi all, I'm trying to arrange Super Shuttle to pick us up after our Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration in Long Beach. We arrive at 8am but flight is not until 4pm. It's my first cruise so I'm not sure what time I should have Super Shuttle take us to the airport. How long does it take to debark? What time do you have shuttle services for you? Any advice would help. I hope I selected the correct forum...

Thanks.

If you do self-assist (don't put your luggage out the night before debarkation), you should be off by 10am.

A better way (IMHO) is to book transfers with Carnival. They will know your flight time and will make sure that you are off the ship and to the airport in time for your flight.

Of course all of this is barring any delays due to weather, immigration or customs, but they don't happen very often.

We have sailed almost 20 cruises out of Long Beach.

Only once did we debark after 11am because of a crew CBP check. Normally the last pax are off by 10am. We are usually among the last off the ship. (Fantasy class and the Splendor).

Even if you do not make a reservation there will be vans available.

FYI taxi flate rate to LAX is $60.

Thanks so much for the info every one. It really helps. I booked it for 10:30am just in case. Besides, if I arrive early I can tell them. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one using them. Thanks for the advice on carrying my own luggage off. I'll be sure to do that. About the taxi, $60 only...that's not too bad. Maybe I'll try that on my next cruise - I can feel myself getting addicted already.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Thanks so much for the info every one. It really helps. I booked it for 10:30am just in case. Besides, if I arrive early I can tell them. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one using them. Thanks for the advice on carrying my own luggage off. I'll be sure to do that. About the taxi, $60 only...that's not too bad. Maybe I'll try that on my next cruise - I can feel myself getting addicted already.

Thanks again everyone!!!

If you are in no hurry I would not go through the hassle of doing all your luggage by yourself.

You put your "Big" bag(s) out in the hall the night before with coded tags pertaining to your disembark time . You keep clothes and personal need items (and family valuables) in the cabin with you and then all you need is a small manageable bag (the one you used to board with the same items) to carry off...

and then meet your luggage in the dome on shore when your code/colour/time is called.

Easy peasy !

Yeah, I'm in no rush since my flight is at 4pm. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have all my valuables in my carry on but I was wondering, should I be worried about leaving my luggage in the hall? It will be locked. Any tips/suggestions on that?

I saw that you were a first timer. That's why I mentioned it. The only people that take off their own bags are those that are travelling very light.(Hardly anyone) and those that want to catch a very early flight.

The rest of us ALL put the bags out. Lots of funny stories about newbies that forget to keep clothes to wear next day or lock themselves out in the hall semi clothed.

It's just the way things happen. :p

Oh on short cruises there may be more folks that pack off their own. Simply if you can carry it all you can go through the procedures a lot quicker cause you do not have to find your luggage in the big hall. The bags are supposed to be looked after in groups so you end up in the hall at the right time and place as does your luggage.

But sometimes ship happens with so many bags and people involved. It's all normal.

On our Carnival Inspiration cruise in January, we did not get outside the terminal until close to 12:00, the latest debarkation we had. We were in no hurry getting off the ship, but past 11:00 we decided it was time to head out.

Yeah, I'm in no rush since my flight is at 4pm. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have all my valuables in my carry on but I was wondering, should I be worried about leaving my luggage in the hall? It will be locked. Any tips/suggestions on that?

-Lock your hallway luggage.

-Make sure you have a change of clothes for the morning. If you take the bathrobe Carnival will charge you for it.:p

-Carry off all valuables, meds, breakables, etc.

-Passport in your purse.

-Any liquor purchased goes into your large bag or carried off. Do not do what I saw one year---A 21yo was putting out the Carnival liquor box with the rest of the luggage. She asked if they would take it. I replied that someone;) would take it. She brought it back into her cabin.

What airport are you flying out of?

You could send part of the day at the Long Beach Aquarium.

The free Passport bus leaves from the parking lot (under the trees) and goes to the Aquarium. You could have a taxi or shuttle service poick you up there. The Aquarium will hold your luggage while you tour.

aquariumofpacific.org

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

Long Beach taxi co-op 562.435.6111

flat fares to LAX-$60

Long Beach Airport $30

Edited by SadieN

I'm not sure how much further it is to LAX from Long Beach compared to San Pedro, but we were able to book a private vehicle for < $50 from San Pedro to LAX. Main hassle is just waiting for them at the cruise terminal because it's a little ways from the park-n-wait lot for the vehicles.

I guess I maybe travel light, but if I can carry my stuff, I will. To me, it's a hassle to try and re-organize everything to put the bag outside but have the stuff I need for the morning in a carry-on bag which is stuff I may or may not want to be in my carry-on for a flight. I sure don't want to carry my dirty clothes, toiletries, etc around with me and then have to re-pack stuff before going to the airport. But that's all just personal preference.

• 1 month later...

I guess I maybe travel light, but if I can carry my stuff, I will. To me, it's a hassle to try and re-organize everything to put the bag outside but have the stuff I need for the morning in a carry-on bag which is stuff I may or may not want to be in my carry-on for a flight. I sure don't want to carry my dirty clothes, toiletries, etc around with me and then have to re-pack stuff before going to the airport. But that's all just personal preference.

I agree.... We have a regular suitcase (rolling) and a carry on each. We find it much easier to have those with us, and to be able to do final packing on last morning, then we don't have to worry about anything until we get home.