Question about booking far in advance...

cwmcaa

We are planning an October 2015 cruise most likely on the Breeze but the schedule isn't open yet. I really want to see where she is going and give some thoughts to the dates. DH has to bid on vacation weeks so far in advance plus I am a bit of an overachiever when it comes to cruise planning. :)

So, when the future schedule opens up do they release several months at a time or is it just a rolling one month at a time?

Thanks all!

From what I've seen, it is not a rolling month at a time. It seems to be ship or port dependent. So, just keep an eye on the Breeze departures. According to things I've read, Carnival is shooting for late April to have everything out for 2015. Some are there now, some aren't.

Steve

To add on to this question just a bit - DH and I are planning an anniversary cruise on the Liberty in October 2015, and will have the money for the deposit and the majority of the cruise available to us next week. Are there any disadvantages to booking this early or should I hold on to the money and wait until closer to the end of the year? I would be buying trip insurance regardless.

To add on to this question just a bit - DH and I are planning an anniversary cruise on the Liberty in October 2015, and will have the money for the deposit and the majority of the cruise available to us next week. Are there any disadvantages to booking this early or should I hold on to the money and wait until closer to the end of the year? I would be buying trip insurance regardless.

Your question has several strings attached. How would you be booking the cruise since that makes a major factor in pricing? You can book well in advance if you make an Early Saver type cruise purchase. Should the price decrease after your purchase, you are entitled to the lower pricing. The disadvantage is that you can't cancel the cruise without a major penalty. If you do the Military type purchase, you can adjust pricing but only until the final payment which is about 2 months before the cruise. With the other type cruise purchases, you would have to cancel the cruise and then repurchase the cruise with the lower pricing. Note that you would also have time limitations to cancel.

So I guess the answer to your question is that you can book well in advance if you know the pricing system, are willing to check pricing often and you determine the correct type of purchase. If you wait to the last minute, you may get lower pricing. On the other hand, it could be higher pricing if the ship is booked near capacity.

So welcome to the stock market world of cruise pricing. I am quite convinced that if you were to ask the 3,000 passengers on a cruise what they paid for their cruise. You would get 3,000 different answers.

Y If you do the Military type purchase, you can adjust pricing but only until the final payment which is about 2 months before the cruise.

You can get the price adjusted with any booking other than ES right up until final payment. It doesn't have to be just Military.

We are planning an October 2015 cruise most likely on the Breeze but the schedule isn't open yet. I really want to see where she is going and give some thoughts to the dates. DH has to bid on vacation weeks so far in advance plus I am a bit of an overachiever when it comes to cruise planning. :)

So, when the future schedule opens up do they release several months

at a time or is it just a rolling one month at a time?

Thanks all!

Hi Cwmcaa :)

Several months at a time. The future itineraries being released now, and the itineraries that

will be released shortly, are for dates May 2015 to April 2016.

As of today March 30, 2014, (eleven) Carnival ship itineraries have been released. They are:

Dream

Elation

Fantasy

Glory

Liberty

Magic

Paradise

Pride

Splendor

Triumph

Valor

:)

I book very early using early saver rate. Then I price match to any rate I qualify for until sailing. I was able to book my pre cruise hotel for cheap. It's now gone up more than 100 dollars. And I booked airfare for less than it's going for now as well. It helps to spread out costs and save too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just me but if you have the money book early saver now and keep checking for price drops. By the time me and dw broaded in Feb. we had over $1000 obc from price drops.