"That's my room !" Valor 9201

campdaan

Thanks for this post. We'll be in 9200 for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise in October. We booked this cabin in August 2013. It showed up online, and I booked it online. I had considered moving to a suite since it's a special occasion, but I can book a suite any time. These scenic grand OV cabins are hard to come by, so I kept this one. I plan on ordering the anniversary decorations from CCL so the cabin will be decorated when we arrive. Can't wait!

Nice to see this thread getting bumped up.

The entire purpose was to share what a wonderful room it truly is.

I guarantee if you book this room you will be showing it to everyone who you can grab.

I was casually looking at cruises for my birthday week for 2015 and saw one available on the Glory. I usually book directly with Carnival, so I looked of their website and it wasn't showing. So I hustled back to Expedia and pounced on it ! :D

Thank you for sharing so many pictures from all different angles AND from outside :)

I was casually looking at cruises for my birthday week for 2015 and saw one available on the Glory. I usually book directly with Carnival, so I looked of their website and it wasn't showing. So I hustled back to Expedia and pounced on it ! :D

Thank you for sharing so many pictures from all different angles AND from outside :)

That room on the Glory looks awesome. Have a great Cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those that have sailed in this room before. I upgraded to this room in October. I am also early saver which will now make me ineligible for price drops unless 9200 becomes available (which I know will probably not happen). With today's price drops I can move to a balcony for free plus receive $40 obc and also become eligible again for future price drops.

Is it worth staying in this room as is? Or more worth the upgrade and obc?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question for those that have sailed in this room before. I upgraded to this room in October. I am also early saver which will now make me ineligible for price drops unless 9200 becomes available (which I know will probably not happen). With today's price drops I can move to a balcony for free plus receive $40 obc and also become eligible again for future price drops.

Is it worth staying in this room as is? Or more worth the upgrade and obc?/QUOTE]

We are in 9200 for the October 5 sailing. It's my understanding that price drops for this category are non-existent since there are only 2 of these cabins on the ship. Once those are full, there's no need for a price drop for that category from CCL's standpoint. We booked this cabin in August 2013 (over a year prior to sailing). Since snagging one of these cabins is difficult, we opted to take it immediately. We can book a balcony cabin anytime. It really boils down to what type of cabin you want and how badly you want it, IMHO.

Is it worth staying in this room as is? Or more worth the upgrade and obc?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This room is fantastic for the Valor So. Carribean itinerary.

It's so Port intensive and the extra room and view made it worth skipping the Balcony for this Cruise. Not to mention it's a superior location, and Lido Deck, to boot !

It was a highlight of that Cruise.

Don't rule out price drops. We were able to snag a really sweet one on our last cruise. I am guessing that someone in 9200 to the bite and "upgraded" to a balcony. Mind you I had to be awake at 4:00 in the morning to get it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here are some shots of the room, and some shots taken from the room.

zzIMG_3147_zps5b552391.jpg

IMG_3148_zps2c1f2219.jpg

IMG_3149_zpsd5b86ef7.jpg

IMG_3151_zpsce160c65.jpg

IMG_3152_zps9f027950.jpg

Thank you for posting the pics of your room! I have been wanting to book these rooms for some time now and just booked 9200. We are taking our grandsons on this cruise and for one it will be his first while the others 2nd. Can't wait. Hope the DH doesn't miss his balcony to much.

This room was listed online when I checked and I grabbed it.

Does anyone know if any of the ships that sail in Alaska have this type of cabin?

Thank you.

They don't.

I think the current ship for Alaska is the Miracle, and that's Spirit Class, vs the Valor, which is a Conquest Class.

If you want a really great room, look at 8237, it's a Premium Balcony, in a really great location under pizza. But that's a whole other thread.

Is this pics of the Valor 9200? We just booked this room and are hoping that the chaise lounge is indeed in this room but it does not show in the pics of the 9201.

It is 9200 on the Valor. The hanging TV gives it away.

9200 has the chaise because the room is for 4 people max.

Glory, Freedom and Conquest have GSOV's.

I've booked the Glory's 9201 for March 2016, and am looking forward to having a chaise in that room.

I recently posted a picture thread on the Conquest's 9201.

Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176630

They don't.

I think the current ship for Alaska is the Miracle, and that's Spirit Class, vs the Valor, which is a Conquest Class.

If you want a really great room, look at 8237, it's a Premium Balcony, in a really great location under pizza. But that's a whole other thread.

Thank you for the quick reply.

In 2010, my best friend and I had a cabin like this on the Celebrity Mercury, for our Alaska cruise. It was surreal! The cabin was enormous (over 300 sq ft) AND faced forward, with zero obstruction. We were in heaven! With help from our steward we rearranged the "living room" furniture to create an oceanfront "lounge" where we enjoyed our breakfast and sunsets to drool over. I would love to book something like this again, and surprise her.

Thank you for the quick reply.

It was surreal! The cabin was enormous (over 300 sq ft) AND faced forward, with zero obstruction. We were in heaven! With help from our steward we rearranged the "living room" furniture to create an oceanfront "lounge" where we enjoyed our breakfast and sunsets to drool over.

Carnival says 9200 and 9201 are 320 sf.

The view is spectacular, and the extra room is really nice. I really enjoyed having a few extra inches when entering the room.

The sunsets were awesome, and some of the night views too.

We slept through the sunrises...

They don't.

Is 8237 worth it?! I almost booked that but was nervous because of the elevator!

Is 8237 worth it?! I almost booked that but was nervous because of the elevator!

We always book a cabin by the elevator now. Those hallways can be long some nights.

But being under the pizza kitchen-- nope

Edited by serene56