Independence of the Seas - Review

You're giving me the warm and fuzzy feeling this will be better than we anticipated it to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I just replied to your question about snacks. We carried on a few bags of popcorn, fruit snacks, crackers, 3 one liter bottles of water and 1 bottle of wine. We also packed 3 bottled waters in our suitcases and had no problems.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Loving your review. Though I have a long wait' date=' it's exciting.

Silly question…do adults go in the arcade and does it cost $? I love skee ball![/quote']

Anyone can go into the arcade. If you play any games there is an additional cost. You will pay with your sea pass.

Pets at sea is also in the arcade. The cost is $22 for an animal or $32 with an outfit. It's like Build A Bear.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

IMG_3300_zpsfd0e27b5.jpg

IMG_3292_zpsb724ce2c.jpg

IMG_3290_zpsc12876fd.jpg

This is a shot of Johnny Rockets. There is a surcharge of $5.95 per person and includes anything on the menu except for milkshakes. The burgers were MUCH better than the windjammer although the windjammer was good too. The menu is hard to read. There are burgers, salads, chicken sandwiches, fries, onion rings, sundaes and pie.

IMG_3288_zpscf34bb2a.jpg

IMG_3289_zpsce42eff7.jpg

Thanks for the review.....

Looking forward to my 1st RCCL cruise on Indy April 12th:D

Woooohooooo:D

Kerri

Have you joined our roll call and signed up for meet and mingle? See you in 13 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In Grand Cayman we did the Island and Tiki Beach Tour. I wouldn't do the tour again, however we wanted to see a little bit of the island. We went to the "rum cake outlet" which was a waste of time. It was a hole in the wall gift shop with free samples of rum and rum cake. We then went to the town of Hell to mail a postcard. If you blink you will miss it. After that we headed to the observation tower which is not that great. It is located in a very nice shopping area more like an outdoor mall. Then we went to Tiki Beach on Seven Mile and it was great. We snorkeled and relaxed for 2 hours. The tour included a lounge chair and a rum punch. The beach was very crowded and busy but we had a great time. It was the best part of the tour.

This pic is on the tender to Grand Cayman....

DSCF1629_zps7d28fa6f.jpg

This is the town of hell.....jagged rock formations....

DSCF1644_zps775ff383.jpg

The snorkeling wasn't bad at Tiki beach but the water was a little rough - DD wore a life vest we brought with us.. Here are a few fish we saw...

DSCF1663_zps91b4e232.jpg

You are NOT permitted to bring shells aboard from any port. DH found a shell and put it in his pocket. When we returned to our cabin he placed it on our vanity. I almost jumped out of my skin when a little crab came out of the shell! We snapped a quick photo and then dropped it back in the ocean. Poor little guy. Don't worry - I had clorox wipes with me and wiped everything down. ;)

DSCF1671_zpsbc2efc3b.jpg

Next port was Falmouth Jamaica! We have ventured out in Jamaica on past cruises so we decided to stay at the port. The shopping area was nice and we loved Margaritaville. I have to say it was the best one we have been to so far.....(been to Orlando, Grand Turk and Ocho Rios). This one was very low key, great for families, no craziness and plenty of chairs and seating.

IMG_3246_zps63bedd39.jpg

IMG_3219_zpsda9634fa.jpg

IMG_3157_zpsd314e280.jpg

IMG_3154_zpse6a53a2f.jpg

IMG_3153_zpsc7e85c44.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsc902dc64.jpg