Is there more to do in Seward for the day or Anchorage?

choff

My husband and I will be docking from the Northbound Radiance ship on June 6th in Seward at 6am. Our flight leaves out of Anchorage at 230am on the 7th. We are debating between staying in Seward and taking the train to Anchorage at 6pm-10p, then heading to the airport and hanging out until our flight or taking the Royal train at 7am and having the majority of the day in Anchorage.

We are 27&26 years old and very active people.

Any thoughts? Spend most of our day in Seward or Anchorage?

Edited by choff

We've booked all the tours we wanted to see.. Whale watching, Fjords Plane, Ziplining.. We are just looking for walking/driving around things and didn't know which port was better. We're leaning towards Anchorage but just not sure which one is a better town to be in for 10+hours.

You Could Rent A Car Through Hertz In Seward And Return It In Anc. That Way You Would Be Able To Check Out The Seward Sights, Maybe Hike Around Exit Glacier, & Drive AlongTurnagin Arm On Your Way To Anc. You Could Stop At The Wildlife Center And Girdwood. Then When You Get To Anc You Could Go Downtown And CheckOut Cook Inlet, The Visitor Center,Earthquake Park, Etc.

Personally, I'd take the morning Park Connection Bus to Anchorage, then rent a car for the day ( or price a one-way car rental with Hertz in Seward). Drive along the Turnagain Arm .... pan for gold, visit the Wildlife Conservation Center, Alyeska Resort, Portage Lake and Visitor Center, Potters Marsh, hiking, etc . Then drop off the car at midnight at the airport.

See stopping points in this link:

http://www.alaska.org/guide/turnagain-arm-drive

Edited by mapleleaves

Personally, I'd take the morning Park Connection Bus to Anchorage, then rent a car for the day ( or price a one-way car rental with Hertz in Seward). Drive along the Turnagain Arm .... pan for gold, visit the Wildlife Conservation Center, Alyeska Resort, Portage Lake and Visitor Center, Potters Marsh, hiking, etc . Then drop off the car at midnight at the airport.

See stopping points in this link:

http://www.alaska.org/guide/turnagain-arm-drive

This is what I would suggest too.

My husband and I will be docking from the Northbound Radiance ship on June 6th in Seward at 6am. Our flight leaves out of Anchorage at 230am on the 7th. We are debating between staying in Seward and taking the train to Anchorage at 6pm-10p, then heading to the airport and hanging out until our flight or taking the Royal train at 7am and having the majority of the day in Anchorage.

We are 27&26 years old and very active people.

Any thoughts? Spend most of our day in Seward or Anchorage?

I recommend your option of staying in Seward and taking the evening train. There are some good hikes there and you can go visit the Exit Glacier. Take advantage of this while you're still young.