Possibility of a Last minute price drop?

Luv2Cruise1980

Would anyone know what are the chances of a dramatic price drop the last week or a few days before sailing? Would like to also mention, this would be for Spring break coming up April 13th 2014 on Breakaway. I'm looking at the prices everyday and crossing my fingers to see the price drop a few hundred dollars right before the sail so my sis in law and her family can cruise with us. Thanks from now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So far the price has remained the same the past few days..and i believe the ship IS mostly full considering it is spring break. However, I'm still wondering if there are still a few/couple of rooms available before sail, would they still drop the price?

My price watching experience over the years has been that most often the lowest prices are 4-6 weeks out, then they start to creep up again. Notice I did NOT say always, but usually. Only way to tell is to keep watching.

There are websites that offer cruise price monitoring and price drop alerts, but I don't think we are allowed to mention them. You can google for them. I looked at one and your cruise is still dropping, but the one after seems to be completely sold out.

Thankyou all so much! Will def keep an eye on it. Also i am going to google that price dropper thing... Hope you're right! Thankyou again.

Cruise Critic has developed one: http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/?order_by=DESC&order_type=drop&p=5

Or maybe I should rephrase that and say that an application has been developed for CC.

Edited by B6ConMe
rephrase

So far the price has remained the same the past few days..and i believe the ship IS mostly full considering it is spring break. However, I'm still wondering if there are still a few/couple of rooms available before sail, would they still drop the price?

Price drops from what I can see do not happen on weekends, I guess because NCL corporate is closed. Watch for drops during the week.

I was showing 1 of my cabin mates a website about fishing the other day and saw a drop on the Owners suite for Friday, I immediately put a courtesy hold and then called CAS to move categories. I was glad I did as it was the only OS left. Her fiance thinks he is staying in a balcony room, boy is he gonna be surprised!

Looking for a discount before Spring break is like looking for the airlines to drop airfares just before the X-mas holidays, they do not have to, and don't plan on them doing so. They can keep the prices high as there will be demand there.

But anything can happen.

We were on a Med cruise last year, and about a month before our departure date, another cruise ship cancelled their cruise. All the remaining cabins of our ship filled immediately, with folks looking to rebook their cruise. The last minute shoppers were shut out.

My price watching experience over the years has been that most often the lowest prices are 4-6 weeks out, then they start to creep up again. Notice I did NOT say always, but usually. Only way to tell is to keep watching.

This.