Caribbean princess?

scumbers

Hi

We were hooked on ruby for 14nt in 31st jan 15 but been informed this is now being changed to caribbean princess.

Just a few questions if ur able to help

Will my cabin be any different as not sure if size and location change from ruby to caribbean- have confirmed same room number

Is there still same amenities on board ie international cafe etc

I hear caribbean princess is going for dry dock soon. What have they got planned does anyone know?

Thanks all

We have sailed on Caribbean Princess 5 times, once when it was new and four times in the last few years. Needless to say we love her. Food is wonderful and service excellent. Although I've never been on the Ruby, we have sailed Princess 18 times and Caribbean Princess is our favorite.

We have sailed on Caribbean Princess 5 times, once when it was new and four times in the last few years. Needless to say we love her. Food is wonderful and service excellent. Although I've never been on the Ruby, we have sailed Princess 18 times and Caribbean Princess is our favorite.

Does the Wheelhouse Bar on the Caribbean Princess have a dance floor like the Emerald Princess and some other Princess ships? Thanks

Does the Wheelhouse Bar on the Caribbean Princess have a dance floor like the Emerald Princess and some other Princess ships? Thanks

The venue is in a different location, (near the photo gallery) and is smaller then the Ruby/Emerald/Crown.

It has a dance floor and nice clubby furniture. And a good bar as well. On my cruise in February it was a vastly underutilized space which was fine by me as I enjoy a nice ambiance with my cocktails.

Edited by flyingshoes

Not to mention its much smaller.

Just off the Emerald and decided to look for a repeat next March in the Caribbean. My cruise atlas has the Ruby out of FLL but the internet has the Ruby in SA. Looks like the Caribbean Princess has replaced the Ruby in the Caribbean. I've been traveling with Princess for twenty years and this is the first time I've seen ship shuffling going on. Any reason? Am I right in thinking the Caribbean and Ruby or Emerald are the same class of ship design.

Just off the Emerald and decided to look for a repeat next March in the Caribbean. My cruise atlas has the Ruby out of FLL but the internet has the Ruby in SA. Looks like the Caribbean Princess has replaced the Ruby in the Caribbean. I've been traveling with Princess for twenty years and this is the first time I've seen ship shuffling going on. Any reason? Am I right in thinking the Caribbean and Ruby or Emerald are the same class of ship design.

Yes the shuffling has begin. Diamond and Sapphire are heading to Asia.

No the Caribbean is close but not exactly the same class as the Ruby/Crown/Emerald. Caribbean has the old Skywalkers in the shopping cart handle design. It did have the Crown Grill steak house added a few years ago, along with window suites, and an International Cafe. Very nice ship though.

Yes the shuffling has begin. Diamond and Sapphire are heading to Asia.

No the Caribbean is close but not exactly the same class as the Ruby/Crown/Emerald. Caribbean has the old Skywalkers in the shopping cart handle design. It did have the Crown Grill steak house added a few years ago, along with window suites, and an International Cafe. Very nice ship though.

I was on the Golden two years ago. Skywalkers had a moving ramp up to the bar. Is that the same on the Caribbean Princess? At the time we were told it would be removed at dry dock due to structure questions. Looks like I will be booking the Caribbean Princess soon, she only has one eastern Carib sailing in March.

I was on the Golden two years ago. Skywalkers had a moving ramp up to the bar. Is that the same on the Caribbean Princess? At the time we were told it would be removed at dry dock due to structure questions. Looks like I will be booking the Caribbean Princess soon, she only has one eastern Carib sailing in March.

The Grand is the only ship that has or will have Skywalkers removed. It was a structural problem that is not on the later versions.

Yes, the Caribbean has the same moving ramp.

As mentioned the Grand is the only one to have Skywalkers removed.

No plans for the others.

I've been traveling with Princess for twenty years and this is the first time I've seen ship shuffling going on. Any reason?

Because Venice won't let any ship that are too large dock there, like the Royal ... hence the deck got shuffled ...

It is still on the new map on the Princess web site. Where are you seeing it blocked out?

Look at the deck plan on princess.com for any cruise departing after the upcoming dry dock (May 15). Actually, now that I think of it, we are on the May 15 voyage so will try to remember to walk by and see what's changed!

Because Venice won't let any ship that are too large dock there, like the Royal ... hence the deck got shuffled ...

Thanks for the info. Did sail out of Venice on the Royal back in July. One of the most beautiful parts of the cruise. Hopefully some of Princess' smaller ships can still do the same. Never cruised on the Caribbean Princess but will for a b2b next March. Internet will not let me book as a 14 day getaway but can as two seven days. Not sure why they even feature it as a 14 day?

Hopefully some of Princess' smaller ships can still do the same.

If I remember right ... the Island will be there...

Internet will not let me book as a 14 day getaway but can as two seven days. Not sure why they even feature it as a 14 day?

Call Princess or you TA and see what they say.