Jewel Of The Seas question

We are looking at doing an in between cruise before our Allure cruise. We have decided on Jewel of the seas (I think)

I am wanting to do a JS, but I am only seeing them available on Deck 10. My question is, I looked at deck 11 and that appears to be all the main area of the ship. Will I have a ton of noise above me? Chairs moving, people etc? Would it be worth just doing a balcony on a lower deck?

Also, how is the jewel of the seas? Is it a good ship?

There is always more potential for noise when the deck above is a public deck, as opposed to a stateroom deck. If it was me, I'd tend to choose being under the Solarium rather than being under the main pool.

Edited by clarea

As far as the ship is concerned...the Jewel is a great ship! Very popular. I have cruised her once and am booked on 3 more cruises on her at this time. She has been one of our favorite ships of all times. She has not yet been through the updates that the other Radiance Class ships have been through, and many consider that a plus. She still has the included Sea View Cafe which has been replaced by a extra-cost venue on the other ships. All Radiance Class ships are well known for their non-stop views from most areas of the ship, the glass elevators overlooking the sea and the peaceful adults only solarium. We enjoy the outdoor seating area in the Windjammer for breakfast al fresco in the Caribbean. I don't think you will regret booking a classic cruise experience on the Jewel!

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. We are looking in between September 2014 - January 2015 (out of San Juan). What is the average age of people on this ship at this time? AKA - Are there a lot of kids running around?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. We are looking in between September 2014 - January 2015 (out of San Juan). What is the average age of people on this ship at this time? AKA - Are there a lot of kids running around?

There are always more kids onboard during school holidays, especially during the Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Year season. Prices are higher accordingly. You can almost determine when RCI anticipates more families by looking at prices. The fall season (Sept - early Nov) should have fewer families. Prices are among the lowest of the year at that time. Of course, you may be sailing a modified itinerary due to the fact that it is the height of hurricane season!

Our favorite time to cruise the caribbean is May. Fewer families and shoulder season price-wise. It also works out well for my job. Plus it is before hurricane season starts in earnest. However, anytime of the year is ok it it means I get to cruise!:D

We cruised the first 2 wks. in Feb. of this yr. There were people of all age groups. I will guess largest group would be 50/60 yr. old.

No, there weren't a lot of children on board either week. Again, I would guess maybe 30 & of all age groups.

It was a great cruise & we enjoyed all the ports. :)

Betty

As far as the ship is concerned...the Jewel is a great ship! Very popular. I have cruised her once and am booked on 3 more cruises on her at this time. She has been one of our favorite ships of all times. She has not yet been through the updates that the other Radiance Class ships have been through, and many consider that a plus. She still has the included Sea View Cafe which has been replaced by a extra-cost venue on the other ships. All Radiance Class ships are well known for their non-stop views from most areas of the ship, the glass elevators overlooking the sea and the peaceful adults only solarium. We enjoy the outdoor seating area in the Windjammer for breakfast al fresco in the Caribbean. I don't think you will regret booking a classic cruise experience on the Jewel!

Really??? :eek:

She hasn't been refurbished AT ALL or just not with the change in that venue.

Both my cruises have been on ships that had gone through the refurb. Is Jewel scheduled to go through one before December 2015?

Really??? :eek:

She hasn't been refurbished AT ALL or just not with the change in that venue.

Both my cruises have been on ships that had gone through the refurb. Is Jewel scheduled to go through one before December 2015?

Jewel has not undergone the major revitalization upgrades that the other Radiance class ships have had. She is scheduled for dry dock in 2016.

Jewel has not undergone the major revitalization upgrades that the other Radiance class ships have had. She is scheduled for dry dock in 2016.

OOOOOHHHHH!!!! Thanks for letting me know! I won't book December 2015 then! LOL!!!

I saw another post here on CC when someone mentioned that there is NO Diamond Lounge on The Explorer (on Diamond Event) and that they instituted the 3 drink voucher system for Diamond and above cruisers.

Does anyone know if they have instituted the 3 drink voucher system on the Jewel which also does not yet have a Diamond Lounge? I know that they have an event, but that only includes wine and champagne and a 25% discount on other drinks. Since I have been Diamond we have only been on ships that had Diamond Lounge. I enjoy mixed drinks which are not offered for free in a DL. It would be nice if they instituted this as it would also give cruisers options of other places to go.

I saw another post here on CC when someone mentioned that there is NO Diamond Lounge on The Explorer (on Diamond Event) and that they instituted the 3 drink voucher system for Diamond and above cruisers.

Does anyone know if they have instituted the 3 drink voucher system on the Jewel which also does not yet have a Diamond Lounge? I know that they have an event, but that only includes wine and champagne and a 25% discount on other drinks. Since I have been Diamond we have only been on ships that had Diamond Lounge. I enjoy mixed drinks which are not offered for free in a DL. It would be nice if they instituted this as it would also give cruisers options of other places to go.

I thought they instituted this on all the ships now. I could be wrong. But we did have the 3 drink voucher system for Diamond and above loaded into our sea pass card on the Navigator last month. You can't use the vouchers in the MDR or the specialty restaurants. We got the drink package so we didn't use the vouchers.

That would be GREAT if the drink voucher system has been instituted on all ships.

We are going on the Oasis soon and it would be nice to check out all of their bars/lounges by using the drink vouchers in the evening before dinner. In addition to using them on the Jewel this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app