Greek Isle cruise

Anniesails

We are looking at the Med cruises for 2015, one of the ones we saw was a 14 day itinerary which includes 7 days going to Greek Isles: includes Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, and Athens. Do you think this is enough time to see them adequately ??? Its been a dream to see these islands. :)

We are looking at the Med cruises for 2015, one of the ones we saw was a 14 day itinerary which includes 7 days going to Greek Isles: includes Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, and Athens. Do you think this is enough time to see them adequately ??? Its been a dream to see these islands. :)

I lived in Greece for 3 years so that colors my response. Everyone should see Athens at least once in their lifetime.

Are you interested in history? If so the stop at Rhodes is fascinating; I presume the stop in Crete is Heraklion and again that is an extremely historical spot (Knossos); and Mykonos I can take or leave (my daughter loves it but that's because it was the site of her senior class trip :p).

What this cruise is missing is the one island that I think everyone would recommend: Santorini. It is absolutely beautiful in addition to be historical. It would be a shame to go on dream cruise and miss Santorini, especially if you are unsure if you will ever get another opportunity.

And to throw in one more port (not on an island) to consider: if you are cruising the eastern Med, you really don't want to miss Ephesus, Turkey!

For some people, yes. Others, no. My opinion is, once you have seen Athens/Acropolis and an amphitheater somewhere, all other Greek ruins seem to run together. Make sure Santorini is on your itinerary. EM

I double checked the Itinerary, Santorini is the 1st port. the second week we visit Epheseus and sicily

Go for it!

Where is it stopping in Sicily? It doesn't show up very often on cruises but there are some absolutely lovely and historically significant areas (we lived in Italy for 5 years and my husband still has relatives in Sicily).

I agree with everyone regarding Santorini....it is just a beautiful place.

My other favorite was stopping at Naples and touring the Amalfi Coast

Two of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen!

Have fun! I would love to do this itinerary again, it's that good!

We did the Greek Isles voyage a few years ago and loved it. Each port has something unique from the picturesque Santorini to the windmills and fun of Mykonos, to the wonder of Athens and the beautiful Rhodes. There is so much to see and yes, there really isn't enough time at each port to see everything as it would be on any voyage, but if you pick a good tour that hits the iconic spots you will be pleased.