Tvs/ DVDs on Island Princess

Yehootu

We will be in a mini suite on the Island. Have the TVs been upgraded to interactive type? Are there DVD players? Wife sometimes has medical down days and just wondering on bringing her some movies, or borrowing some if there are any in library.

Mahalo, Tim

No DVDs unless you book a full suite. So far as I know, only the Sapphire has gotten the big new TVs and free on-demand movies. Mini-suites are not suites and have no additional amenities other than a glass of (bad) sparkling wine.

There are 2-3 channels with movies on the standard Princess TV system. One channel has "romance" movies, one has more current movies such as those playing on MUTS, and another has classic movies.

No DVDs unless you book a full suite. So far as I know, only the Sapphire has gotten the big new TVs and free on-demand movies. Mini-suites are not suites and have no additional amenities other than a glass of (bad) sparkling wine.

There are 2-3 channels with movies on the standard Princess TV system. One channel has "romance" movies, one has more current movies such as those playing on MUTS, and another has classic movies.

Hi Pam, are there any international news available like BBC World News and CNN on the channels?

I guess she'll just have to load up her ipad. We were on Sapphire in Feb just after TVs were installed, but not quite working right.

Tim

We take a portable DVD player and hook it up to the TV using RCA plugs. Ours is a Sony and came with the cables and a remote. We have a stash of movies that we bring... some old favorites, but also we like to get some of the series that are on during the year that we don't have time to watch at home. Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, Murdoch Mysteries, etc. Most are BBC and have great characters. I'd much rather watch something like that than a program that tells me it's funny with a laugh track. :rolleyes:

One piece of advice. If you do take something to hook up to the tv, bring a small hand held mirror to see the back of the television. On the Island it's tightly bolted into it's spot, but with the mirror you can maneuver to the right spot. :)

41rqsCEuc4L._AA160_.jpg

Amazon

We take a portable DVD player and hook it up to the TV using RCA plugs. Ours is a Sony and came with the cables and a remote. We have a stash of movies that we bring... some old favorites, but also we like to get some of the series that are on during the year that we don't have time to watch at home. Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, Murdoch Mysteries, etc. Most are BBC and have great characters. I'd much rather watch something like that than a program that tells me it's funny with a laugh track. :rolleyes:

One piece of advice. If you do take something to hook up to the tv, bring a small hand held mirror to see the back of the television. On the Island it's tightly bolted into it's spot, but with the mirror you can maneuver to the right spot. :)

41rqsCEuc4L._AA160_.jpg

Amazon

Do the TV's also have HDMI ports? We do the same, but bring an iPad.