Switching Cruise Lines....

chsalas

Switching Cruise lines...

I'm tired of this foolishness,

When I book my room, I expect to be upgraded to the best suite available, not just any room. I certainly don't want to get an upgrade that is just one level better. What use is that, I should be given the room next to the captain.

When I get into the port city , I expect Princess to pick me up at the airport, handle my luggage and have a glass of champaign waiting for me. Then I expect them to have a limo ready to take me to the ship.

When I arrive at the ship, I cannot believe they make me wait in line, what do they think I am, some sort of "regular person" , I'm special I should be the first one on, greeted by the Captain and bridge staff.

I don't want to even waste my time drinking that wine on board, I want to bring 20 bottles of wine with me, so I can drink to my hearts content. Phis posh on their corkage fee, they should reimburse me for not drinking their swill.

And speaking of swill, I don't want to talk about that coffee, I want them to carry Starbucks or Tim Horton’s, and bring me a carafe to my room the moment I get up. Ugh...I'm not a savage.

I'm tired of not having egg crates on my bed and having to ask for them. This is unacceptable. I want a super stiff, pillow soft mattress that stiffer and softer than I have at home. I'm on vacation not prison.

I'm also tired of not having a full length bathrobe made of the softest, finest cotton. What do they expect me to do , take that burlap sack they leave in the room and use that. I'm special.

I expect top notch, first rate cuisine at every meal. I want fresh squeezed orange juice and freshly sliced fruit by the buckets. I want table side service with eggs Benedict and mimosas.

At Lunch I expect them to bring me an arrangement of sandwiches and soups to my pool side lounger. Go get my own meal, I'll lose my lounger.....

And Dinner, it should be what I think we should have, not what some French trained culinary expert thinks, what does he know about what I want, I don't know what I want until I get there.

I want everything available every night in a 7 course meal setting. And I want the entire kitchen staffed 24/7 just in case I want an omlette at 3 in the morning, i'm on vacation not a hunger strike.

I want the show to start the minute I get into my seat at the theater. I expect top rated shows that change every night, and I expect new shows every sailing, not recycled shows. If I want reruns, I'll stay at home.

I don't want to hear any noise in my room, I booked the best room and got the best upgrade, so I should not hear people next to me or above or below me. I better not hear tables moving, or bands playing or people in the hall. I want to be next to the elevator but I don't want to hear it.

Also, MUTS, I want first run movies only or live national sports events particular to my part of the country. I want them to pause it if I have to go the bathroom or get my own meal (see previous rant).

I want to be able to use my cell phone and the internet all the time, I'm important and I can't be away for more than a hour without communicating with the outside world. The internet should be free and 100x faster. It's not the stoneage.

April Fools!

Just a remark, I'm fully satisfied with Princess, I have been on 7 cruises with them and each better than the last. I've never wanted on a cruise, and the only dissappointment for me is when it ends.

Thank you Princess for making my vacations “relaxing”.

Boy you nailed it! I think most of the complaints seem to come from really frequent cruisers. It seems the more they cruise the move they feel entitled and cruising loses some of its awe and magic. Thanks for pointing out how wants and expectations are so opposite from different people. Reminds me of the saying “Sometimes you can’t win for losing.”

April Fools!

Just a remark, I'm fully satisfied with Princess, I have been on 7 cruises with them and each better than the last. I've never wanted on a cruise, and the only dissappointment for me is when it ends.

You didn't say it, but didn't you want to be able to have a staff member at sunrise throw down towels and personal belongings to reserve two rows of the best located lounge chairs for you by the pool: one for you and a buffer row so you have some space from the other passengers?

You didn't say it, but didn't you want to be able to have a staff member at sunrise throw down towels and personal belongings to reserve two rows of the best located lounge chairs for you by the pool: one for you and a buffer row so you have some space from the other passengers?

No they meant throw them over the side.

I saw this thread and thought, "Damn, another whiner announcing their departure.... I hope the door kicks them in the a$$ as they walk out...."

I guess you got me....

Kinda funny though, you just quoted half the people on this forum...lol

True Dat!

Thanks OP, for making my day! You brought a smile to my face, and a chuckle, because so many of the things that you mentioned in your April Fools story............sometimes feel as valid complaints by some of the old timers!

And it just burns me why I'm not allowed on the bridge for EVERY sailaway! Some captains are so inconsiderate!!:D:D

Rick

I expect to be allowed to pilot the ship thru at least one lock of the Panama Canal on our next cruise. I really don't care that it's from San Francisco to Hawaii...Locks or bust!:D

And don't tell me that the ship won't fit in the locks. I have seen the locks, it'll fit.

etc. etc. etc.

And speaking of swill, I don't want to talk about that coffee, I want them to carry Tim Horton’s, and bring me a carafe to my room the moment I get up. Ugh...I'm not a savage.

Amen to Tim Horton's

I expect top notch, first rate cuisine at every meal. I want fresh squeezed orange juice and freshly sliced fruit by the buckets. I want table side service with eggs Benedict and mimosas.

Just like at Sabatini's!

etc. etc..

The only thing that you forgot and I always demand is "My Private Elevator with Operator at my beckon call!" :D This is a must!

April Fools!

This was great and I bite, hook line and sinker until I got to the second paragraph. :eek:

Now this would be just great, but I enjoy Princess just the way it is!

Boy you nailed it! I think most of the complaints seem to come from really frequent cruisers. It seems the more they cruise the move they feel entitled and cruising loses some of its awe and magic. Thanks for pointing out how wants and expectations are so opposite from different people. Reminds me of the saying “Sometimes you can’t win for losing.”

I would slightly agree, but I'm still so new that I mostly come on here to get excited about upcoming trips. I'm 28, and I would LOVE for my travel budget to be what a lot of CC'ers seem to have...but it isn't. :-) So I make due and live vicariously through the positive people on here that go on trips all the time.

When your cruise ends, you will "come back new," so you may have an entirely different set of expectations for your next cruise.

Edited by caribill