Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

Called yesterday to ask if diamond plus still has buy one get one free on first night and yes they do and was asked do I want to pick my dining options for the cruise that diamond plus and above will be getting a call to book the restaurants so I booked my choices and times.

I read some of the non happy people about choices I totally disagree we are on a 12 day and eat 4 times at one mdr option, 3 at grande, 2&1 at the other mdr options, throw in one specialty and one eating off ship and my total food bill about 60 dollars, pretty nice. The restaurant I chose 4 times I like 5 of their choices so I could of eaten there more and been happy.

How many of us go eat the tuti salad multiple times on a cruise, do you go to a restaurant at home and order your favorite dinner, sure so I don't get the trouble.

Windjammer is open 24/7 on quantum and is to be upgraded so take a night you want to lay out longer or party more and hit that for a night, bottom line you will never go hungry.

We are looking actually about making our back to back so 22 days so we are excited about the dining. Smile your on a cruise or shoveling snow in January.

Called yesterday to ask if diamond plus still has buy one get one free on first night and yes they do and was asked do I want to pick my dining options for the cruise that diamond plus and above will be getting a call to book the restaurants so I booked my choices and times.

I read some of the non happy people about choices I totally disagree we are on a 12 day and eat 4 times at one mdr option, 3 at grande, 2&1 at the other mdr options, throw in one specialty and one eating off ship and my total food bill about 60 dollars, pretty nice. The restaurant I chose 4 times I like 5 of their choices so I could of eaten there more and been happy.

How many of us go eat the tuti salad multiple times on a cruise, do you go to a restaurant at home and order your favorite dinner, sure so I don't get the trouble.

Windjammer is open 24/7 on quantum and is to be upgraded so take a night you want to lay out longer or party more and hit that for a night, bottom line you will never go hungry.

We are looking actually about making our back to back so 22 days so we are excited about the dining. Smile your on a cruise or shoveling snow in January.

Can you tell me please what sailing are you on ?

I am DPlus and my US TA just called Royal/C&A and was told it is only specially selected people who are able to pre book the restaurants.

Also they could not confirm if the BOGO coupon would still be in the coupon book by November.

I e-mailed Mr. Goldstein on this topic last week. I suggested allowing Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, etc. to book restaurant dining times before the general public. I was contacted yesterday by an assistant from his office. She felt it was a good idea. Maybe, my suggestion did some good.

I e-mailed Mr. Goldstein on this topic last week. I suggested allowing Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, etc. to book restaurant dining times before the general public. I was contacted yesterday by an assistant from his office. She felt it was a good idea. Maybe, my suggestion did some good.

Hopefully they would follow your suggestion !!!

I am a lowly platinum :D and was selected to make my reservations early, which i did today. I was able to make them for us and for our friends whose reservations were linked to ours, as long as we all eat together.

I'm staying in a suite on quantum and thought maybe that was why i was included, but the C&A rep said no, that 8000 people were randomly selected and it did not depend on room type or C&A level.

I'm on the Jan 3, 2015 sailing.

I am a lowly platinum :D and was selected to make my reservations early, which i did today. I was able to make them for us and for our friends whose reservations were linked to ours, as long as we all eat together.

I'm staying in a suite on quantum and thought maybe that was why i was included, but the C&A rep said no, that 8000 people were randomly selected and it did not depend on room type or C&A level.

I'm on the Jan 3, 2015 sailing.

It's our lucky day! At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke! :D

The person told me because I was Dplus I could make reservations so it is surprising to me platinum are getting called, that is going to be interesting I would of been upset that a platinum person got to chose before me.

My US TA called on my behalf (I am Dplus) and was told sorry only those who are specially selected can pre book.

Yep, same here Liz, D+ here with 590 points got the same response, lol.

I have one thing to say to you today....:p :p :p

LOL only joking. ;)

I hope we will still be able to have a drink together in November :D

:) once a year joke.

My US TA called on my behalf (I am Dplus) and was told sorry only those who are specially selected can pre book.

I am glad it is somewhat limited. We are only Diamond. I figure that there may be so many D+ on my sailing, there would be no times left my May 15.

I hope the roll out goes well. I leave for my Celebrity Cruise on May 17. I guess if they are a few days late at least I can still access the website for free.

I just got through booking. I asked him who could pre-book and he said 'you were randomly selected'. So it is apparently not based on C&A or cabin choice. (I am D+ and booked in a suite but apparently that doesn't matter)

Coastal seemed to be the most popular restaurant (by that I mean I could not get the time I wanted on 2 different nights) and is limited to booking by JS and above.

Edited by marci22

I just got through booking. I asked him who could pre-book and he said 'you were randomly selected'. So it is apparently not based on C&A or cabin choice. (I am D+ and booked in a suite but apparently that doesn't matter)

Coastal seemed to be the most popular restaurant (by that I mean I could not get the time I wanted on 2 different nights) and is limited to booking by JS and above.

LOL...so you didn't get the call to say you were selected but when you called you were randomly selected ?

LOL...so you didn't get the call to say you were selected but when you called you were randomly selected ?

He said he checked and I had been selected for early booking. I asked him if it was because I was D+ or suite and he said no. He even hesitated before booking me in Coastal because he said it was for JS and above. He said, 'you are in a suite?' before booking me.

Edited by marci22

He said he checked and I had been selected for early booking. I asked him if it was because I was D+ or suite and he said no. He even hesitated before booking me in Coastal because he said it was for JS and above. He said, 'you are in a suite?' before booking me.

Ok thanks.

My family are in a JS on 11/23 and they cannot pre book...oh well such is life.

It's our lucky day! At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke! :D

He he. I would have totally thought so, too, if I had gotten the call today! :D

Interesting info. So rccl has been calling you for the reservations?

I called C&A over the weekend (I think Sunday) to upgrade from a GS to a SGS which had just opened up, and while I was talking to the C&A rep, she said I had been preselected and asked if I wanted to make my dining reservations. I couldn't do it then because I had to get my friends to link their reservations, which they did yesterday, so I called back today. The rep I spoke to this weekend said they'd be calling people over the next 10 days to let them know they'd been preselected, and the rep I spoke to today said they'd be calling people over the next week.

Interesting re coastal kitchen being hard to get. I guess because it's so small. I had no problem getting the date and time i wanted.

Honestly, while I'm thrilled to get this chance, if I was either D+/pinnacle or in a suite and others got the chance before me, i might be a little peeved, too. Then again, 8000 people spread out throughout all the sailings, many of whom want different venues on different nights at different times, probably shouldn't make any venues "sell out". And they definitely need to work out the bugs - making the reservations took a while because the reservation system kept crashing!

Interesting re coastal kitchen being hard to get. I guess because it's so small. I had no problem getting the date and time i wanted.

It may be because I am booking for 5.

Also the Coastal Kitchen menu looks a bit more premium to me. Why book American Icon if you can get Coastal Kitchen for free.

I got the call a few minutes ago. Caller offered assistance with dining reservations on our upcoming Quantum cruise on Nov. 21. My DW and I are D but we are traveling with a D+. Don't know if that made the difference. :confused: Anyway, looking forward to our "sampler". :D:D

So I am booked on the quantum and didn't get a call and I never did my time dining before so I am confused. Am I understanding this correctly there is a possibility that when dining opens up all the spots at good times might be taken and then your choice is awful times or the windjammer or a pay restaurant that you might also not get into. What happened to eat WHERE YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT that is all the videos. So now instead of having a set time I still have to make decisions of where to eat and when to eat even before they post the other entertainment options. What if there is a good show I wanted to see but my dining reservations are then. Do I change my reservation?? But I won't be able to get another because they are gone. So do I eat every night in the windjammer even though I paid the full cruise fare to eat in a restaurant. The whole reason my husband and I go cruising instead of land base is so we don't have to do this. I was looking forward to this but amrethinking. Maybe I'll just book sandals. :confused: