Spirit - next week!

As I sat in the Travel Agents this afternoon I started to think....am I going crazy?

I was booking a last minute cruise on Spirit for me and my 9 year old grandson who has not been on a cruise before.

I have exactly one week to organise everything. My packing should be easy. :rolleyes: but my grandson's may be a different thing. 9 year olds grow quickly and I started to think what will he have left from last summer that fits. :eek:

Then I remembered that our first ports (bar Limassol) will be Alanya and Marmaris. They should have plenty of shops for summer clothes if we cannot get them here in the UK.

What have I done? I'll really need a rest by the time we get on the ship......a rest?, with a 9 year old?, I think not! :eek:

But what did he want to do when I showed him the Spirit deck plans? He wanted to go to the Cinema! I might get a Nana Nap there then. :D. Just as well Spirit's cinema hasn't been changed to a coffee bar and balconies like Celebration.

How lovely, Jakanne, spending time with your grandson :)

He's my new cruise buddy. :D

Well done Jackie :) I know you are trying to catch up with me :D:D

I'm trying really hard, Linda.

I'm beginning to hope I have done the right thing. I'm hoping he will get involved with other children in the Kid's Club so that he doesn't get too bored with his old Grandma!

Well done jakanne what a lovely idea and love your choice of words too...comes across as quite amusing :D

He must be at least 3 inches taller since last summer, by now. My grandson is 10 and growing very quickly these days.

Thanks all. I'm having trouble with the internet ...we have "outage in the area" and "instability on the line".

So I thought rather than make a 20 mile round trip to the TA where I booked, I would ask a neighbour to use theirs as their internet was working.

However, I then still cannot print off boarding cards and do eapi because the Thomson flight extras site is "down" or is just not working. There is no notice or explanation on screen....it will just "not compute".

So if it doesn't start working before tomorrow I will be going to the TA to get them to do it. One VERY GOOD REASON for going through a Travel Agent.

Oh, and I posted on FB this morning, asking if anyone else had had the same problem and lots of people had. One person has emailed Thomson and was told they were having problems with the API system and to try later as her holiday wasn't until August.

Jak, is that the one going next Wednesday 9th April? If so, we're on that too :). I'm glad to hear that Spirit still has its cinema unlike Celebration.

I'll not be packing until the Tuesday :D, I roughly know what I need and anyway as you say, I can buy anything I forget when I am at one of the Turkey ports.

I am very much looking forward to visiting Israel in particular, but mostly jut want to bask in some warmth for a change. Weather here has continued to be cold and wet; I am desperate to be able to pack away my winter gloves, hat and scarves...

Jak, is that the one going next Wednesday 9th April? If so, we're on that too :). I'm glad to hear that Spirit still has its cinema unlike Celebration.

I'll not be packing until the Tuesday :D, I roughly know what I need and anyway as you say, I can buy anything I forget when I am at one of the Turkey ports.

I am very much looking forward to visiting Israel in particular, but mostly jut want to bask in some warmth for a change. Weather here has continued to be cold and wet; I am desperate to be able to pack away my winter gloves, hat and scarves...

Yes, the 9th I just joined the Roll Call. I know what you mean ...while the rest of England has been backing in sun, we in the north east have had the fog from the North Sea.

I am being greedy as just returned from Dream in the Caribbean but thought it a good idea to take my grandson away on a cruise as we have him for the Easter holidays while his mum works.

The Caribbean was the holiday of a life team while this is (hopefully) going to be a more relaxed one.

What is it about me and printing out Boarding Cards? :eek:

All that bother and stress on the Dream when the system first went on line could be excused as "teething problems" and now that people have been able to print out their boarding cards at home it seems a very good idea. (As long as you have a printer that works).

So why, Thomson, are people having to travel into their Travel Agents to get their boarding cards printed out? Because the system is overloaded and we cannot get access to it. Moan over but furious! :mad::mad: