Statendam in Peru - Tsunami

Vict0riann

I thought I would let you know that we heard from DD from Manta. She had no idea she had ridden out a tsunami until the next day! She's having a ball, and has met a lot of nice people. She said only 200 "new" passengers boarded in Peru, so they were ready for some "fresh blood"! For her, it's been a very last-minute cruise, so she is trying to organize some shore excursions - I imagine they will be HAL's, but she has met some people from the original roll call, and they have been helpful. She said the crew is great, the CD persuaded her to go to Trivia, which she is enjoying, the Security Officer was on her Lima tour, and the bar staff seem to remember exactly how she likes her drinks, which she thinks is amazing! So, all is well. :D

She said her stateroom is very like her last on on Volendam (LP deck), but has been updated, new counters, etc., in the bathroom, and no more old-fashioned wall-hung hair dryer. She doesn't seem to be spending much time in it!

Thanks for the update from your DD, glad all is well with her and the Statendam.

How relieved you must be to have heard from your DD. All the reassurances from Seattle, and even someone else on board, aren't the same as hearing it from her personally.

Thanks for letting us know.

I thought I would let you know that we heard from DD from Manta. She had no idea she had ridden out a tsunami until the next day! She's having a ball, and has met a lot of nice people. She said only 200 "new" passengers boarded in Peru, so they were ready for some "fresh blood"! For her, it's been a very last-minute cruise, so she is trying to organize some shore excursions - I imagine they will be HAL's, but she has met some people from the original roll call, and they have been helpful. She said the crew is great, the CD persuaded her to go to Trivia, which she is enjoying, the Security Officer was on her Lima tour, and the bar staff seem to remember exactly how she likes her drinks, which she thinks is amazing! So, all is well. :D

She said her stateroom is very like her last on on Volendam (LP deck), but has been updated, new counters, etc., in the bathroom, and no more old-fashioned wall-hung hair dryer. She doesn't seem to be spending much time in it!

Vict0riann, very happy to hear all is well. Cheers, -Salacia

You will be so very pleased to hear from your daughter, she seems to be having a great time.

Thanks for letting us know.