The Sunshine is the worst rated ship in Carnival's fleet

Pete C

We can't wait to sail Sunshine on April 27. I promise I'll post all the great things about her

I'll be on with you and can't wait! I haven't sailed Carnival since 1993 and I am looking forward to a great time. I will post a picture review when I get back.....:D

I won't deny when she came out of dry dock there were issues. However if you look at all the pic reviews on the boards and reviews from people on other websites they are overwhelming positive since she has been in service for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree.

But I'm also able to realize two people on the same cruise having two different experiences. One, never seeing a bucket, detecting a foul smell, and having full bathroom functions, and another, having the complete opposite based on cabin location. So its like each poster trying to discont the other, when both scenarios can in fact exist.

One common theme throughout seems to be the overcrowding in the show lounge, the lido and the serenity pool area, as well as the overwhelming noise of the serentiy in the closest proximity to the MUTS.

Ultinmately, would I chose this ship? No, not while there are 23 others o choose from. Not willing to take that crap shoot.

Others are attracted to what that ship offers, and I wish them a good cruise.

We were never on the Destiny and our first cruise on the Sunshine will be in September. We have cruised many times on Carnival and like their product and service. As far as problems with the ship goes, if we have a problem we call maintenance and the problem is fixed. You can't say that other lines don't have problems either. We've sailed on NCL and Royal and on both lines we've had to call maintenance. Again the problems were fixed and we did notice smells occasionally. You are on a ship that is moving and sometimes a smell will appear for a few minutes and then dissipate. Don't get so worked up about it and just enjoy the cruise.

Creating usernames and accounts is just as easy for employees of lines they want to promote, so just don't assume they can only be made for negative reviews. This includes people that were posting and blatntly proifiting from redirection here to their personal website.

We were all included on all the iside info from the sabatage of the Sunshine, forward, so the credibility stuck that what peopkle were reporting was in fact true. In fact, there was a very long span between the sabatage being reported here, till the time Carnival admitted it even happened.

Who would create another username here? That just does not make any sense to me.:cool:

Perhaps the data you were looking at is a little behind. The Sunshine is a wonderful ship. I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat!

I have encountered worse problems on other ships and still had a fantastic cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Carnival have 2 ships called Sunshine. We sailed the "Good" Sunshine Feb 16 2014, the BC7.. I walked all the decks from end to end and I saw NO buckets, pans or anything catching anything. The ship was had 800 bloggers and most were VIPs. Food was great, Ji Ji was the best. The ship looks great, everything was working and I would love to sail the "Good" Sunshine again.

All Carnival ships have at least a 4 star average, but the 61% "Loved It" rating puts the Sunshine 10 whole percentage points below the next lowest ship, the Splendor at 71%. So it has more sub-4 star reviews than any other. It is lower rated than the "Destiny" itself.

Being one of the latest and most expensive renovation projects that Carnival has tackled, this is probably quite disheartening to them, and may explain why no more ships will undergo that level of renovation. No doubt, Sunshine is a beautiful ship, but I'm sure that they were hoping for better feedback from their efforts.

Yep, I have to agree that Carnival has addressed the issues with Sunshine. We sailed the last Mediterranean cruise and saw a couple of buckets to collect water scattered around the ship. But then, that can and does happen on other ships as well. On Conquest in February, there was water coming out of a hallway ceiling on one deck that I actually had to go and report to guest services because it was very early morning, and I didn't know if anyone else in that part of the ship was even awake yet.

I would have to say that so far, Sunshine would be the best ship we have been on so far--it definitely made Conquest pale a bit.

Being one of the latest and most expensive renovation projects that Carnival has tackled, this is probably quite disheartening to them, and may explain why no more ships will undergo that level of renovation. No doubt, Sunshine is a beautiful ship, but I'm sure that they were hoping for better feedback from their efforts.

I think they are more than fine with where they are at right now with the Sunshine. There were some speed bumps when she first came out but things have been more than fine for the last 4 months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

People on this forum somehow forget that its designed for opinions and everybody has their own opinion with a right to express it.

Hey Westbank, hope you don't mind that I stole only a portion of your post, but this hits home with me. You are right. Let opinions be heard, and those that flame, please stop....

To all others, I think those of us that are going to be spending thousands on these vacations and truly want to make a sound decision based upon our wants, expectations and evaluations would like to hear all sides....

Thanks to everyone for sharing. Hope everyone else can share too and respect opinions of others. BTW.....Just off Breeze....LOVED LOVED LOVED that ship. Think its one of the highest rated CCL ship and guess what, some things were not perfect. Smelled some sewage in fact.

Looking forward to booking Sunshine, and hope the reviews keep rolling in :D

Had a neighbor who always said that, and he was right. Reviews, ratings, opinions.............. the only opinion that really matters, in the end, is your own. We were on the Mardi Gras week cruise on Sunshine. We had a great time........enjoyed nearly everything about the cruise. Was it perfect, no. It was, however, one of our favorite cruises. Other folks, on the same sailing, on the same ship probably did not enjoy the ship, did not enjoy the cruise, and consider Sunshine a 'bust'. They are not 'wrong' in their opinion, any more than we are 'wrong' in ours. Expectations and perceptions color everyone's opinions..............

We booked Dream for next Mardi Gras while on Sunshine, and in reading those reviews........ some LOVE, some Hate.............

In any case, we are sorry to see Sunshine leave NOLA so quickly, since we were hoping we'd get to sail her at least once more.

For everyone here who is booked on a future sailing, I hope your experience is like ours.......if so, you'll be well pleased.

Bon Voyage!!:o

Well good for you! If you read the reviews on the boards they are overwhelming positive! Keep in mind the reviews you are referring to that anybody can create an username and create a bad review. It us evident some have no life here except to bash carnival. So bless your heart for making such an educated decision as not to sail on sunshine and roll tide

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have 7 Carnival cruises, and leaving for the Breeze in 3 weeks, so I am certainly not here to bash Carnival, but I realize that since her refurb, there have been many complaints, and no real proof of correction of the issues. I realize that it is easy to create a negative review, but it is just as easy to blow "Sunshine" where it does not normally go.....These have been ongoing complaints and I am not willing to waste my cruise budget on an incomplete ship. Bless your heart too, and ROLL TIDE!!!:D:D

The problem with the Sunshine is that when the refurb was done there were BIG problems. The posts which discussed all of issues and who was to blame were removed. They were written by someone who witnessed first hand what happened before the new refurb ship sailed. I think Carnival learned a big lesson from that and that is why they are not prepared to take the risk on another big refurb.

I truly believe that once another summer season has past the ratings will shoot up, as more people post positive reviews. You have to remember that in the June 2013 and July 2013 sailings there were major issues with cabins mainly new ones and I remember on the first sailing there were complaints of closed pools/ waterworks/wire walk/mini golf too. Those early reviews bring the ratings down. Only read the reviews from when she moved back to the states. The early Med ones should be ignored in the main scheme of things.

I am on the Breeze in August and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Edited by heatherbelle

The sunshine rocks, have 3 more cruises on her booked and possibly more if. carnival would open the schedule up past April, 2015!!! No issues with it. Biggest showers I've seen on any ship yet. The only downside was they didn't put refrigerators in the cabins and the TV doesn't have the interactive menu to look at the dining room menu or order shoe excursions

Send us Sunshine! Many of us would be thrilled to have her in Charleston! :D

LuLu

~~~

I'm leaving on The Sunshine tomorrow for the second time. I know there were a couple of issues when we sailed back in September but they were MINOR!! Nothing that should ruin anyone's trip. I usually read all the reviews and wonder if these people really were on the same ship I was on...and if so...how negative are they in their every day life??

I have to agree with LuLu, I would be thrilled to have The Sunshine in Charleston. But I probably would be broke because I would cruise way more often than I could afford! It is a wonderful ship. When I get back I'll let you know if my opinion has changed after trip #2!

Week after week reviews come in complaining about the same issues on the Sunshine. These seem to be the main complaints:

• Sewage smell in rooms
  • Sewage smell on decks/Liquid Lounge
  • Shower flooding
  • Toilet issues
  • Drips in hallways

There are complaints about service/food as well, but that is subjective.

All Carnival ships have at least a 4 star average, but the 61% "Loved It" rating puts the Sunshine 10 whole percentage points below the next lowest ship, the Splendor at 71%. So it has more sub-4 star reviews than any other. It is lower rated than the "Destiny" itself.

Do you think Carnival will do anything to address these issues?

Bad reviews or not , I for one do not care , I am going to be enjoying my 11 day repositioning cruise starting tomorrow ,, I just have to find the wife so we can start packing , should have never let her go over to her moms or grocery shopping alone .

Bad reviews or not , I for one do not care , I am going to be enjoying my 11 day repositioning cruise starting tomorrow ,, I just have to find the wife so we can start packing , should have never let her go over to her moms or grocery shopping alone .

Great attitude. From personal experience, you will not be disappointed.

I see a lot of comments from people who have not sailed the Sunshine. Me I sailed the Sunshine and found the ship to be great, not perfect. I enjoyed the shows, dinning and the lay out etc. Please don't let some else neg review keep you from booking the Sunshine, sail her and find out for yourself

StrangeBrew, we'll be there tomorrow as well, can't wait!! I haven't seen you on our roll call. Look for us by WaterWorks area around sai laway time or if it's raining look for us in The Havana Bar! Happy Sailing!!