MDR on Magic open for lunch during embarkation?

funcky

Just looking for alternative to buffet on Lido deck after boarding on Magic. Any info, please do tell!!!:)

The Italian restaurant above the Lido is open on embarkation. Yummy!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bummer! Were hoping to avoid buffet on first day. Tried this on our last princess cruise. It was a relax meal to start off vacation. :(

The Italian restaurant isn't a buffet. And it's usually not crowed on the first day as most haven't discovered it ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just looking for alternative to buffet on Lido deck after boarding on Magic. Any info, please do tell!!!:)

My sister and I sailed on the Magic in 2012. I am platinum, so we boarded early. They told us if we wanted, the dining room WAS OPEN, for the first ?? so many guests. We went, it was nice. That was the first time I had ever seen the MDR open on the first day. Maybe it was just the ship being new, or a rarity, but it did happen :D

We've been on Magic twice and going again in June. Never seen the MDR open on embarkation day. In fact, we usually go to the MDR and see if we can find our table! As others mention though, the Cucina is open and free for lunch every day if you like Italian.

Just off the Magic today. The only time the MDR is open is for sea day brunches, period.

That's not exactly accurate. The MDR is open for both traditional breakfast (on port days) and brunch (on sea days) and of course dinner. It's rarely open for lunch on embarkation day, but there are exceptions based on the numbers.