beverage and tipping question

sne26

I have a couple of quick questions:

1. How much are the beverage deals, for both soda, and alcoholic beverages? You know, where you pay a certain price per day ? And are they unlimited?

2. When you get a drink at a bar on the cruise, are you supposed to give a tip to the bartender right away? Or is that all automatically added in? (So, do we need to have several dollar bills on hand during our time on the ship, or do you add it on to our sign and sail card?)

3. Is the $11.50 gratuities per day, or per night? We are doing a 4 night cruise, so would the total price be $11.50 times 4, or times 5?

4. Is there any one else we need to tip that is not included in the $11.50. And if so, how much??

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, or could be found on the carnival website, but I had trouble finding the info, so I hope someone could help me out! Thank so much!!

Stacey

Stacey,

unlimited soda card is 6/day/person plus tip, alcohol is up to 15 drinks and I think 50/day/person plus tip.

tip is automatically entered in, but you can tip more if you want

11.50/day/person... no, 4 nights, 4 days of tips, not 5

the 11.50 covers cabin steward and their asst, waiters, waiter assts, maitre-d. You can always tip others which I assume can include the spa folks (though this is probably added in too).

Steve

Stacey,

unlimited soda card is 6/day/person plus tip, alcohol is up to 15 drinks and I think 50/day/person plus tip.

the 11.50 covers cabin steward and their asst, waiters, waiter assts, maitre-d. You can always tip others which I assume can include the spa folks (though this is probably added in too).

Steve

and the one he didn't answer - If you want to tip extra you put on your sign and sail card...no need to carry cash unless you want to tip your piano bar player

I have a couple of quick questions:

1. How much are the beverage deals, for both soda, and alcoholic beverages? You know, where you pay a certain price per day ? And are they unlimited?

2. When you get a drink at a bar on the cruise, are you supposed to give a tip to the bartender right away? Or is that all automatically added in? (So, do we need to have several dollar bills on hand during our time on the ship, or do you add it on to our sign and sail card?)

3. Is the $11.50 gratuities per day, or per night? We are doing a 4 night cruise, so would the total price be $11.50 times 4, or times 5?

4. Is there any one else we need to tip that is not included in the $11.50. And if so, how much??

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, or could be found on the carnival website, but I had trouble finding the info, so I hope someone could help me out! Thank so much!!

Stacey

I did not do #1 and #2 so cannot answer those.

Re: #3 it is per night so in your case it would be $46 (assuming I have done

the math right) :-)

Re: #4, other than the default gratuity, we gave a small token tip to the three folks at the dinner table, and to the three folks who took care of our room. Don't know where we stand in the totem pole - good, bad or (hopefully not) ugly :-)

1. https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/fountain_funcard.htm

2. 15% gratuity is automatically added to all beverage orders, so no need to tip in advance or additional, unless you feel like it.

3. $11.50 per person per day. In your case, 4 days.

4. Room service. $2-$3 per order is customary.

Stacey,

Steve

The soda program can be bought by each individual or only one in the cabin.

The Cheers (alcohol) program has to be bought by everybody over 21 in that cabin or not at all. (They don't want one to buy it and give some of thier drinks to the other person in that cabin.)

You should also bring cash for excursion operator tips. Most will come right out and tell you that tips are appreciated.

Just wondering how many tip extra? like when I got a drink I rarely tipped extra, that might sound rude but I wasn't sure if I was the odd ball out or not. I like that they added the tip in.

Also, for room service my son ordered room service a lot. I left him with $1's the first time he gave the entire stack to the girl. haha it was like $20. I told him just give her $3. but you know how kids are.....

I bet she was ubber happy.

At the end of the cruise I went to the desk and told them I wanted to add extra tips for my dining room staff and the lady looked at me like I had 20 heads? and asked literally what do you mean? Is this not common.

The last time we went on a cruise they had envelopes in the room labeled for the dining staff..... this time there were not any.

Just wondering how many tip extra? like when I got a drink I rarely tipped extra, that might sound rude but I wasn't sure if I was the odd ball out or not. I like that they added the tip in.

Also, for room service my son ordered room service a lot. I left him with $1's the first time he gave the entire stack to the girl. haha it was like $20. I told him just give her $3. but you know how kids are.....

At the end of the cruise I went to the desk and told them I wanted to add extra tips for my dining room staff and the lady looked at me like I had 20 heads? and asked literally what do you mean? Is this not common.

The last time we went on a cruise they had envelopes in the room labeled for the dining staff..... this time there were not any.

Only one time did I attempt to tip extra, to test that theory that people say you'll get a better pour or better service.

Just didn't happen.

And the was one time I took the tip off entirely. Had to be the rudest server I ever encountered.

I think 15% is ample for opening a beer or pouring a glass of wine. If the drink is more complicated, then maybe tip a bit more.

We generally do not tip extra....but,if we frequent a specific bartender, we will give them a cash tip (extra) on the last night of the cruise. (It doesn't need to be in an envelope!)

The only time we have ever given any more than the suggested amount was on the Conquest. Our Lido bar server became very friendly with us and made sure we had drinks when we wanted them.

We came back early from an excursion and were the only ones on the Lido deck area. He came by and talked with us for quite a while yet still doing his job. We felt that he deserved extra. Other than him, no one else has ever stood out as going above and beyond what they were suppose to do.

Liberty had envelopes we could use to add extra tips to hand out if we wished to do so - at guest services on 3/28.

Only one time did I attempt to tip extra, to test that theory that people say you'll get a better pour or better service.

Just didn't happen.

And the was one time I took the tip off entirely. Had to be the rudest server I ever encountered.

I'll bet this just your experience.

Stacey,

Steve

Maitre'd s are not part of the $11.50 tip