How is access controlled to Haven on the Breakaway/Gateway?

yg90

I've heard conflicting info. Some say it's a staff member checking. Others say it's just a key card.

How do they prevent non-Haven members from coming in with a Haven guest's card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is key card controlled. Nothing to stop someone from entering with a friends key card. However the concierge desk has a view of the courtyard and anyone entering has to pass their desk. They learn very quickly who should be there.

Are Haven residents allowed to bring guests up? Or is it strictly for Haven residents only?

Because one night at around 11 pm, I saw a rowdy group of teens (14 years old or so) say they were all going up to the Haven. I'm assuming at least one of them had a room there.

Are Haven residents allowed to bring guests up? Or is it strictly for Haven residents only?

Because one night at around 11 pm, I saw a rowdy group of teens (14 years old or so) say they were all going up to the Haven. I'm assuming at least one of them had a room there.

No problem bringing guests to your suite but not to the Haven shared spaces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Interesting that you bring this up as we were just on BA last week.

Generally it is pretty well controlled. You have to insert a key card in at least one door. There is an entrance on 15 by the spa that has two doors requiring a key card. A white one in the hallway then a glass door. The white door didn't always close and on a couple times the glass door was left ajar. Just past the glass door is what we called the "secret staircase" that goes from 15 to 16 right aft of the concierge desk.

I had read about people saying Ruth (the Concierge) ran a tight ship. From our experience we joked that it was kind of like the border with Mexico at times and Ruth was CBP. Of the time I was in the Haven I only saw Ruth and the Asst Maitre D walk through the place outside the Haven bar area (by her desk) once. People said she was pretty much tied to her desk - and she was. The only other time I saw her away from her desk was when she was saying goodbye to people just before you leave the ship by the crew elevators that the Asst. Concierge took us down.

We saw one girl teenager bring in a bunch of friends and they were redirected by the staff. We also saw another teen boy bring in a bunch of his friends and start to hit the snack area by the pool. He was redirected by a male passenger that his friends needed to leave (it wasn't his father). There were also a couple of the jewelry ladies who were in the Haven and they were doing tours for their friends. One did the tour, took her to her room, and then they hung out in the outside Haven area.

Just telling you our experience - YMMV.

Is Ruth or the Haven Concierge desk on 15 or 16? Isn't it conceivable that non-Haven guests could come in on the other floor without passing by the desk?

Is Ruth or the Haven Concierge desk on 15 or 16? Isn't it conceivable that non-Haven guests could come in on the other floor without passing by the desk?

Ruth is on 16 but you can't get from deck 15 to the courtyard without passing her desk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The concierge desk is on 16. Even if you manage to get into 15 without a key card, you can't get into anything but the hallway of 15. Only suites are on 15 with all the Haven facilities on 16. You would have to climb the Haven stairs from 15 to 16 and then walk by the concierge desk to get to any Haven facilities.

I'm curious why you are asking. Maybe we could be more help then. We've stayed in suites on several ships. The experiences range from people pushing their way into the GV to the conceirge being very happy to have our CC cabin crawl tour the entire Haven.

Even if you did get by her desk, the Haven itself is staffed by butlers, etc, who get to know people pretty fast as well.

Robin

I would imagine that any large group of teens is going to get the boot pretty quickly from any Haven controlled area.

If you try and sneak in to an area that requires payment without actually paying, it's exactly the same as theft and speaks volumes about your personal standards - or lack thereof.

I'm not sure why the OP is asking, but I do know I'm using the information in this thread to plot my own infiltration.

If you try and sneak in to an area that requires payment without actually paying, it's exactly the same as theft and speaks volumes about your personal standards - or lack thereof.

I hope you know I was joking. I have as much interest in sneaking into the Haven as I have sneaking into the ship's morgue. None.

You're good, the low-lifes of which I speak mostly can't type anyway ;)

PS - just book a Haven suite and come and hang out with us :D

We considered it. Maybe on a future cruise. My issue is that we are practically never in our cabin, so space is irrelevant, and peace and quiet freak me out. I want loud music and crowds. I want buffet breakfast. A butler would creep me out - I hate having people doing things for me. Checking the list of amenities, I crossed most of them off as things we wouldn't want or use. I said in the other thread that if it was $300 total for all 3 of us ($100 each) for the entire week, we might consider it. Money isn't a problem, but we don't spend it on things we won't use, know what I mean? Maybe after I sneak in and check it out I'll change my tune. ;)