Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

• 4 weeks later...
Here is a YouTube video of 11009:

11010 should be the same.

Bret

Great to have you back posting on this thread Bret. :):)

You didn't appear to be around in Sept/ Oct / early Nov.

Trust you were OK . Cruising perhaps?

It got a bit lonely with virtually only myself giving answers about cabins and balconies.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete, we will be on board on MSC again in May and our cabins are 939 and 941. Could you tell me if they are exactly the same as 10239 where we just stayed in November? I saw 10239 had two small door on the balcony, do we have those on all balconies? Can we open them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cabin should be the same as the one you had previously.

Do you mean little doors that connect to the balcony next door.?

if so they can be opened to connect the balconies of your two cabins, just ask the room steward.

The doors are mainly there for crew access when cleaning balcony windows and are on virtually every balcony. if not every balcony.

The little door in the red oval is the one that can be opened on request.

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete, do you know anything about the show? We loved the show on our last trip. Do they have the same show through the year or how do the change the schedule? I think my question should be, will we be able to see the same show or same singers in the trip in May?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do change their shows but at what interval I'm not sure. I know some shows are put on for over 12 months . so you may get to see the show you loved last cruise.

Pete

Pete, the expert, or so it seems....I'm going on the Divina for a 2nd time next April at a really cheap price. I'm wondering if I made the right room choice. I initially booked Bella B1 9030, then switched to Bella B1 8268 because it is an aft cabin at the same price. Are the rooms and balconies the same size? Had an aft balcony on NCL once and it was great. Went down a deck cause the afts on the 9th deck were Fantasticas and wanted the same price for the Bella. I just went into too much detail, sorry. Any input on the 2 room and balcony sizes would be appreciated. Thanks so much Pete

Pete, the expert, or so it seems....I'm going on the Divina for a 2nd time next April at a really cheap price. I'm wondering if I made the right room choice. I initially booked Bella B1 9030, then switched to Bella B1 8268 because it is an aft cabin at the same price. Are the rooms and balconies the same size? Had an aft balcony on NCL once and it was great. Went down a deck cause the afts on the 9th deck were Fantasticas and wanted the same price for the Bella. I just went into too much detail, sorry. Any input on the 2 room and balcony sizes would be appreciated. Thanks so much Pete

the rooms are the same size 192 sq ft (168 sq ft living area; 24 sq ft bathroom)

9030 balcony is 42 sq ft

and the balcony of 8268 is much the same and will look like this

Deck8%20aft_.jpg

The aft balconies on deck 9 are much the same as deck 8

Deck 9 aft

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

If the Fantastica is the same price as a Bella, why go down to Bella?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

the rooms are the same size 192 sq ft (168 sq ft living area; 24 sq ft bathroom)

9030 balcony is 42 sq ft

The aft balconies on deck 9 are much the same as deck 8

Deck 9 aft

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

If the Fantastica is the same price as a Bella, why go down to Bella?

Pete

The Fantastica aft was higher priced than the Bella aft :(

The Fantastica aft was higher priced than the Bella aft :(

Sorry I misinterpreted you OP, the words highlighted in red threw me, I thought you meant the Fantastica aft cabin was the same price as a Bella aft cabin :confused::confused::confused:

Had an aft balcony on NCL once and it was great. Went down a deck cause the afts on the 9th deck were Fantasticas and wanted the same price for the Bella. I just went into too much detail, sorry. Any input on the 2 room and balcony sizes would be appreciated. Thanks so much Pete

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Looking at a couple of room choices here. 9054 towards the front of the ship (although not right at the front) and then 9259,9263,9267 way way in the rear. Could anyone please let me in on which would be better? Booking a surprise cruise for my parents and want to make sure it is as good as possible!

One final question, is the fantastica package worth the extra $50. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Looking at a couple of room choices here. 9054 towards the front of the ship (although not right at the front) and then 9259,9263,9267 way way in the rear. Could anyone please let me in on which would be better? Booking a surprise cruise for my parents and want to make sure it is as good as possible!

One final question, is the fantastica package worth the extra $50. Thanks in advance guys!!!

9054 and 9267 are much better than 9259 and 9263

The latter two have balconies that have metal surrounds and the commonly held belief is that the views are compromised, especially the view down to the water when seated on a chair.

The choice between 9054 and 9267 is based on factors like mobility as the cabin 9067 is more convenient for the dining rooms, but is a long way from the theatre, and the converse is true for 9054.

My choice would be 9267 first but I'm a great fan of stern cabins. Having said that they are subject to the noise of the wash which I find very soothing.

Here are a couple of images which show the problems with the two less desirable cabins.

divina%20deck%209.jpg

divina%20deck%209%202.jpg

Hope this is valuable to you.

Is it worth the extra $50 dollars for Fantastica, IMHO, given that it is a surprise, I would say Yes. because I could think of nothing worse than being told there is no room in the MDR for your evening meal and you must be seated in the buffet albeit with the same menu and service as the MDR. This doesn't always happen but can happen if the ship is very close to full capacity. Is it worth the risk?

It would detract from the experience.

Pete

Thanks Skier52...that was extremely helpful. Called and booked, 9267 was no longer available, but someone cancelled so I got 9268, which appears to be the same exact room on the opposite side. Very excited. Thanks again!

It all depends on how much you enjoy the motion of the ship. The rolling motion of the sea will be no noticeable on the rear of the ship in 9268, but if that doesn't bother you, you get a great view of the ocean. You will experience more engine. Lise also as Pete stated. My wife doesn't do well with rolling seas; we had two rough days out of 10 on Divina two weeks ago. My choice would have been 9058, the forward cabin as the ride should be a little smoother and I enjoy the view from that part of the ship. You got the most important feature, the balcony; they'll love that. As for $50 for Fantasia, we had it and didn't use the breakfast in the cabin option or anything else with the option. I would save the $50 or buy them some drink coupons instead. Drinks are very reasonable with the coupons.

It all depends on how much you enjoy the motion of the ship. The rolling motion of the sea will be no noticeable on the rear of the ship in 9268, but if that doesn't bother you, you get a great view of the ocean. You will experience more engine. Lise also as Pete stated. My wife doesn't do well with rolling seas; we had two rough days out of 10 on Divina two weeks ago. My choice would have been 9058, the forward cabin as the ride should be a little smoother and I enjoy the view from that part of the ship. You got the most important feature, the balcony; they'll love that. As for $50 for Fantasia, we had it and didn't use the breakfast in the cabin option or anything else with the option. I would save the $50 or buy them some drink coupons instead. Drinks are very reasonable with the coupons.

AS both 9054 and 9268 are on deck 9 port side the "rolling" motion will be the same in both cabins.

The second motion "pitch" happens around the meta-centre of the ship, which is a little further back than the mid point along the length of the ship, again there will be little difference between the two cabins mentioned as they are similar distances from the meta-centre.

The really unpleasant movement is the combination of pitch and roll which is known as "corkscrewing".

The third motion "yaw" is not very disturbing on its own but in combination with either or both of the other two motions will add to the unpleasantness.

There is nowhere on the ship which is immune to motion, just there are varying amounts, the nearer midships, both laterally and in a fore/aft direction, and the lower the deck are the two main factors in limiting motion effects.

I have to disagree about the $50 as the OP said

Booking a surprise cruise for my parents and want to make sure it is as good as possible!

So IMHO a few drinks wouldn't make up for being in the buffet for dinner, which is a possibility in Bella

FROM THEIR BROCHURE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2da19778-c4f6-4872-a935-317e44c30d2a.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here is an image to clarify the post above.

The two cabins are circled in red.

the approximate midship line is drawn in red and the line on which the meta-centre will be, approximately, is drawn in blue.

it is pretty much the same distance from either cabin to the blue line.

msc-divina-b1.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off of the Divina yesterday and are already ready to re-book! Looking to book two cabins for a total of six persons (including two adults and four children). Want balcony cabins this time. Need either two triples or a double and quad. Would consider best options for neighboring cabins (including one of the aft balconies, near a side balcony, or two adjoining cabins). What are our best combination options? It will be our 6th time on MSC and we are all very quiet, so prefer quieter areas with less traffic. No mobility issues at all, we are all very comfortable navigating the ship, and have no adverse issues with motion. Were in interior cabins on deck 13 way up front by the bridge last week; had the best cabin steward ever! Thanks in advance.

We just got off of the Divina yesterday and are already ready to re-book! Looking to book two cabins for a total of six persons (including two adults and four children). Want balcony cabins this time. Need either two triples or a double and quad. Would consider best options for neighboring cabins (including one of the aft balconies, near a side balcony, or two adjoining cabins). What are our best combination options? It will be our 6th time on MSC and we are all very quiet, so prefer quieter areas with less traffic. No mobility issues at all, we are all very comfortable navigating the ship, and have no adverse issues with motion. Were in interior cabins on deck 13 way up front by the bridge last week; had the best cabin steward ever! Thanks in advance.

We had balcony cabin 13065, port side towards the front but not too far front. It's an adjoining cabin with 13063. You can open interior doors between them. It might be perfect for your needs; both cabins have a sofa and can sleep 4 per room.