Laundry service

papergirl569

Laundry service,

Going on Alaska land and cruise, don't want to over pack, but don't want to under pack either, are washers and dryers on every deck, what are the fees, do I need change or can I get it onboard, also do I need to bring my own laundry detergent

They are not on EVERY deck but most and are aft. Generally in the 722 cabin number area. You can see on a deck map. There are coin changers in each. They dispense USA quarters. Each wash load $2.00/dry $2.00 as of week ago on Coral. I brought 4 of those pod detergent things. I have also measured a load of dry soap out and put in zipper bags in the past. This was pre-pod era! I am in the process of finishing up my pods @ home thinking they shouldn't lay around 3yrs and they will be that old this summer when I first purchased the bag.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall posts saying the laundries were closed while in Alaskan waters. You may want to post your question on the Alaska port of call section.

I think it depends on the ship and the cleanliness of the discharged water (it has to meet certain US, Canadian and Alaskan standards). When we were on the Coral in 2012 it was open every day I think. My brother, sister in-law, sister and brother in-law all traveled with carryons only and made good use of the self service laundry :D.

Edited by capriccio

Yes due to local regulations the laundry is sometimes closed in Alaska due to discharge restrictions.

Do you know more about the restrictions? Where can I find that information? I too will be heading to Alaska and was also wondering about the closed laundry or open?? I will be on the Grand. Would that matter?

Coming across the states to get to the starting point, I would like to be able to not pack too much. I would much rather take the hour or so to do a load of wash!

Thanks!

Do you know more about the restrictions? Where can I find that information? I too will be heading to Alaska and was also wondering about the closed laundry or open?? I will be on the Grand. Would that matter?

Coming across the states to get to the starting point, I would like to be able to not pack too much. I would much rather take the hour or so to do a load of wash!

Thanks!

There is no set schedule available that I know of. It will be noted in the Patter.

There is no set schedule available that I know of. It will be noted in the Patter.

So, it will be closed only part time - open at others, depending on where you are at the time. Got it!

Thanks!

the laundry areas were closed for the last 3 days of our 10 day Caribbean cruise. They never said why but it stunk that I couldn't get the laundry done the last few days. They did have a "stuff the bag for $20" promotion half way through and I was so glad I had done that.

the laundry areas were closed for the last 3 days of our 10 day Caribbean cruise. They never said why but it stunk that I couldn't get the laundry done the last few days. They did have a "stuff the bag for $20" promotion half way through and I was so glad I had done that.

OP asked about......

Talking about them closing in Alaska not the Caribbean.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Laundry service,

Going on Alaska land and cruise, don't want to over pack, but don't want to under pack either, are washers and dryers on every deck, what are the fees, do I need change or can I get it onboard, also do I need to bring my own laundry detergent

Laundry rooms are on decks with passenger cabins and on your ship:

Aloha and Baja have them on port side - opposite A 710 and B 708

and the other decks on starboard - Caribe opposite 705, Dolphin opposite 719, Emerald opposite 705 and Plaza opposite 619

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall posts saying the laundries were closed while in Alaskan waters. You may want to post your question on the Alaska port of call section.

All laundries are closed in Glacier Bay , Tracy Arm ,Hubbard Glacier and College Fiord.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app