Joining Latitudes

I have a question regarding Norwegian's Latitudes club, and I may call Norwegian to see what they say directly, but thought I'd post here as well. I apologize if this has been asked before.

We booked the Dawn out of Boston for a Canadian cruise in September. We booked this last December, so more than 9 months out. I noticed yesterday that I guess I hadn't enrolled in Latitudes--I guess I assumed I was automatically enrolled by booking the cruise as with Carnival's rewards program, you don't have to do anything. Anyway, I enrolled yesterday.

So, does the cruise that we'll be going on in September count for the Latitudes club program? And do I get credit for booking the cruise more than 9 months out, thus getting double points? When I log into my account online, it gave me the option to enroll, but what about my wife? Does she have to enroll separately, and if so, how does she do that if the online account is in my name? Are the benefits of the Latitude club applicable for your first sailing with Norwegian, or do they only apply to subsequent sailings? I'm thinking probably only to subsequent sailings, since one of the perks is priority check-in, the cocktail party, discount on logo merchandise, ship pin, etc., and if everyone got this....?

I guess that was more than one question. Thanks for any answers you're able to give me.

Upon completion of your cruise you will be considered latitude members and assigned a number. At thay point you will acquire your points and you should get double points for booking nine months in advance.enjoy your cruise we the freestyle and the gem is our favorite ship ....

Upon completion of your cruise you will be considered latitude members and assigned a number.

Actually the Latitudes Number is the same as Client ID assigned for everyone anyway so before the first cruise everyone will have the number already. Their level is "Prospect" and changes to "Bronze" after the first cruise (and points) have been added to the account (after the completion of the cruise).

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks for your quick replies. I'm glad to hear about the automatic enrollment. My main concern is in making sure we both get the proper credit for this cruise in case/when we cruise on NCL again.

Actually it is no longer automatic enrollment with the new program. You must enroll yourself and your wife separately. You will get credit for your first cruise after the cruise is completed, usually within two days of returning from your cruise.

You can find more information and enroll here: http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/overview

From NCL Latitude FAQ's: What are the requirements for enrolling into Latitudes Rewards?

To enroll in Latitudes Rewards, you must be over 18 years of age, have sailed with Norwegian Cruise Line or have a future cruise booked.

Edited by peg013

Thanks for your quick replies. I'm glad to hear about the automatic enrollment. My main concern is in making sure we both get the proper credit for this cruise in case/when we cruise on NCL again.

Since so far everything is working the way it should, why be concerned about some future issue that probably won't even happen? Concern yourself with it if you ever actually have a problem.

Since so far everything is working the way it should, why be concerned about some future issue that probably won't even happen? Concern yourself with it if you ever actually have a problem.

Actually if they don't enroll in the Latitude Rewards Program, it isn't working the way it should. It is not automatic anymore and hasn't been since they began the new program. Once he and his DW enroll in the Latitude Program, then everything will work the way it should.

Why should he wait for a problem when he can head it off at the pass. As long as he enrolls, 2 days after the cruise he will have his points......it he doesn't enroll - no points until he does. It's really not that hard to understand. :rolleyes:

I believe you are automatically enrolled after the completion of your first cruise.

This is correct. Ive never signed up for anything, but Ive been assigned a latitudes # and all of my NCL sailings are listed under the number.

Actually if they don't enroll in the Latitude Rewards Program, it isn't working the way it should. It is not automatic anymore and hasn't been since they began the new program. Once he and his DW enroll in the Latitude Program, then everything will work the way it should.

Why should he wait for a problem when he can head it off at the pass. As long as he enrolls, 2 days after the cruise he will have his points......it he doesn't enroll - no points until he does. It's really not that hard to understand. :rolleyes:

They haven't cruised yet. They can't enroll yet. I suppose they can go ahead and fret and worry though, if they so choose. :rolleyes:

Edited by LrgPizza

Actually it is no longer automatic enrollment with the new program. You must enroll yourself and your wife separately. You will get credit for your first cruise after the cruise is completed, usually within two days of returning from your cruise.

You can find more information and enroll here: http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/overview

From NCL Latitude FAQ's: What are the requirements for enrolling into Latitudes Rewards?

To enroll in Latitudes Rewards, you must be over 18 years of age, have sailed with Norwegian Cruise Line or have a future cruise booked.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Ive never signed up for anything, but Ive been assigned a latitudes # and all of my NCL sailings are listed under the number.

And this has what to do with the current program? You obviously cruised and was assigned a number before the new program started. None of us had to sign up before the new Latitude Reward Program started and those of us that were already part of the old program didn't sign up......but that has nothing to do with the current program.

They haven't cruised yet. They can't enroll yet. I suppose they can go ahead and fret and worry though, if they so choose. :rolleyes:

Totally wrong answer. They can enroll. If you bothered to read about the new program at the link I provided you would not be giving out erroneous information. :rolleyes:

Totally wrong answer. They can enroll. If you bothered to read about the new program at the link I provided you would not be giving out erroneous information. :rolleyes:

I did read. They CAN enroll. They don't have to enroll. Better yet, let's just say that you are right and everyone else in the world is wrong. Now are you happy? Don't let your eyes roll out of your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My friend who is taking her first NCL cruise in May called N C L yesterday to find out about enrolling and was told she would be automatically enrolled after her cruise.

Please come back after her cruise and let us know if she is "automatically enrolled". She'll be able to tell if she is enrolled by logging in to myNCL and clicking on the Latitude tab to check her Latitude level and number of points she earned. It will either say she is Bronze or prompt her to enroll. (NCL isn't know for giving correct answers from their 800 # or even some PCC's)

Edited by peg013