Hop on hop off bus Catagena

Elviex

Yes we've used it. It's not really hop on and off in the usual sense but more just a circle tour. Think it maybe stopped twice. There is a stop close to the terminal. As you leave the ship and walk up to the road, turn left and its not far along on your right

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I remember a statue which I think looked like a submarine but I can't remember what it actually was!! After we left the terminal, we walked through a pedestrianised zone past the statue then crossed the wide main road and turned left. There were buildings raised above on a higher road which we found confusing, but the bus stop was on the bottom road.

The area round the port is really pretty with an avenue of palm trees and a large pedestrianised zone towards the sea.

Enjoy your cruise on Azura- it's our favourite ship.

Edited by tartanexile81

The submarine is no longer there!! Or wasn't at Christmas time....just the blocks it was sitting on remain! The plaque has gone as well so looks like a permanent move.

It was an actual submarine by the way from first world war, or even earlier!

Sent from my C5303 using Forums mobile app

Hi tartanexile! We are looking at the so called suites on Azura right at the front on D deck, which I believe used to be family cabins...D105 and D106. Don't suppose you know about them, or what it's like to have a cabin right at the very front?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just along from the cruise terminal is the Spanish Civil War museum which is actually in the caves underground that the population hid in and lived in. They lived their lives there and had a school, recreation facilities etc. the museum is fascinating and well worth a visit.

Some of the children of the caves were sent to communist Russia for safety and when some (but not all came back) they brought some Russian traditions with them to the area.some had forgotten how to speak Spanish and had to re learn it.

There are also roman remains in the middle of the shopping area which are interesting.

It's a nice accessible port with quite a bit to do there.

That is interesting that the submarine has been moved to a museum...I did wonder if that was the case.

Thanks for the information about the Spanish Civil War museum....we are there at the end of this month so that is somewhere else for us to visit....we have done the castle, Roman amphitheatre, and on our last visit at Christmas time we visited the Marine Archaeological Museum which is right on the quayside....a modern looking building just on the right at the end of the jetty...we found it very interesting with some good artefacts on display.:)

Hi tartanexile! We are looking at the so called suites on Azura right at the front on D deck, which I believe used to be family cabins...D105 and D106. Don't suppose you know about them, or what it's like to have a cabin right at the very front?

Sorry just spotted this Elviex but can't help anyway. We've been on Azura several times and we've had cabins on various decks but never at the front. Actually we always opt for cabins mid ships or aft but. Azura is bigger than average and sure they'd be fine for stability at least,

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the comments. I notice those suites have already gone on the cruise I was looking at! We have been "upgraded" ...from D236 to D303 for the May cruise on Azura.

Thanks for the comments. I notice those suites have already gone on the cruise I was looking at! We have been "upgraded" ...from D236 to D303 for the May cruise on Azura.