Should I upgrade from inside to Central or Boardwalk Balcony

I am on Oasis on June 28th. I have a chance to upgrade from an inside to a Central Park Balcony or Boardwalk Balcony. My inside is costing me 828 per person. $206 more per person for Central Park or $230 more per person for Boardwalk. I was hoping to get an Ocean Balcony at some point for $200 more, but that is not possible now. Would you upgrade now? I never stayed in a Central Park Balcony or a Boardwalk Balcony. I usually either stay in an inside or an ocean balcony. I never thought I would like Central park or Boardwalk balcony. Now I am having 2nd thoughts? What do people here Think I should do?

Edited by tomahawk246

I am on Oasis on June 28th. I have a chance to upgrade from an inside to a Central Park Balcony or Boardwalk Balcony. My inside is costing me 828 per person. $206 more per person for Central Park or $230 more per person for Boardwalk. I was hoping to get an Ocean Balcony at some point for $200 more, but that is not possible now. Would you upgrade now? I never stayed in a Central Park Balcony or a Boardwalk Balcony. I usually either stay in an inside or an ocean balcony. I never thought I would like Central park or Boardwalk balcony. Now I am having 2nd thoughts? What do people here Think I should do?

First time we stayed in Central park and loved it.

In two weeks, we will be in Boardway. I am sure we will love that too.

If I were in your shoes, I would try to upgrade to a B1 boardwalk balcony as close to the back as possible. This way you still get a great view of the ocean with the addition of being able to watch the action down below. I would pick deck 11 or 12 to have a good view as well as not being too noisy. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We haven't sailed on Allure yet, but yesterday I upgraded our inside to a b2 boardwalk balcony about 7 cabins in from the aft on deck 12. We paid a little less than you are quoting in your post and we got obc from our TA. I am glad we did. I think it will be a great cabin and we are looking forward to trying out Allure.

Look at the pros and cons of both and decide which list is better for you.

Central Park - serene, quiet, smell of plants, hearing classical music at night from the violin/cello/flute player

Boardwalk - glimpses of the ocean, lots of activity, can see the aqua theater, smell of ocean & pop corn, lots of people watching activity and laughter of children as they ride the merry go round.

We loved our Central Park balcony, but $200 per person to upgrade is a lot of money for something that's not oceanfront.

I would probably opt to stay in the inside cabin and put the additional money towards onboard expenses, excursions, or next cruise.

On Allure/Oasis, there is so much going on that you don't spend much time in your cabin. And for such a big ship, there is surprisingly a lot of uncrowded public places to find quiet time

PS: Are you C&A platinum or above? you can apply your balcony discount to inside balconies on Allure/Oasis, which might bring the price down even more.

Edited by DonnaK

I would take the Central park over the Boardwalk cabin if you are a light sleeper! We were on deck 10 and i had to wear wax earplugs since the Aqua show and noise was so loud. We decided to only take Central Park balcony cabins in the future!

Sheila

For $200 more per person I would not do it either. I would keep an eye on prices. They may go down after final payment, or they may not since it is a summer sailing. Check availability to see if there are lots of them available.

For $200 more per person I would not do it either. I would keep an eye on prices. They may go down after final payment, or they may not since it is a summer sailing. Check availability to see if there are lots of them available.

I agree. I have seen many Oasis and Allure sailings discounted on the weekly sales event. Current http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf They are not up to late June yet. Check over the prices listed and see if they are similar to what you are being offered now, just to get an idea.

Are there a lot of balconies left? It's a summer sailing so it may be selling well, but you never know. I would be happy with the inside and keep checking and hope to get lucky after final.

I agree. I have seen many Oasis and Allure sailings discounted on the weekly sales event. Current http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf They are not up to late June yet. Check over the prices listed and see if they are similar to what you are being offered now, just to get an idea.

Are there a lot of balconies left? It's a summer sailing so it may be selling well, but you never know. I would be happy with the inside and keep checking and hope to get lucky after final.

How do you check how many balconies are left?

How do you check how many balconies are left?

You can google 'book your cruise online' and then try one of the links that comes up. We are not allowed to recommend any type of travel agency. There are a few websites that will show you multiple cabins on each deck. You can also get an idea from the RC website. If 2 JS come up, you know they are selling out. If you see 15, they may have more. You can always call directly and ask them.

Checked a popular non-US site that can't be named

Currently there are

C1 30 showing

C2 10

B1 11

B2 29

PS It sure would be nice if RCL could have their web site have the capability of little icons showing the available stateroom locations like other place do!!! Just MHO

Edited by molly361

Checked a popular non-US site that can't be named

Currently there are

C1 30 showing

C2 10

B1 11

B2 29

PS It sure would be nice if RCL could have their web site have the capability of little icons showing the available stateroom locations like other place do!!! Just MHO

Ty, I am still on the fence. My real goal is to hope ocean balconies come down. Can you tell if there is a lot of ocean balconies?

Ty, I am still on the fence. My real goal is to hope ocean balconies come down. Can you tell if there is a lot of ocean balconies?

What I saw:

D8 -19

D7 -25

D6 -23

D5 -32

D4 -15

D3 -4

D2 -8

D1 -15

You are so close to final payment I think I would wait and see what happens to prices after final. I think you have another 6 days (check your booking for exact # don't go by me)

Edited by marci22

What I saw:

D8 -19

D7 -25

D6 -23

D5 -32

D4 -15

D3 -4

D2 -8

D1 -15

You are so close to final payment I think I would wait and see what happens to prices after final. I think you have another 6 days (check your booking for exact # don't go by me)

TY, Do you know if that is a large % left?

TY, Do you know if that is a large % left?

Ok I see you would pay about 1k which is half the going rate of 2k. That looks like a decent price. Is that the lowest price? I don't know. Ocean views are currently a lot more.

Percentage wise, I would say no, there is not a large quantity of Ds left. Look at the deck plans and count up the total cabins.

My bigger inclination is to wait because you are near final. If you book and the price goes down a week later, you will have no recourse if you are after final. I would take my chances and watch and wait, but that's me.

If you desperately want a balcony, and you are afraid the price might go up, then that is a decision you have to make. But when you decide to do that, don't get upset if that category, or other balconies, come down in price after final.

No one knows what they will do. You have to guess and gamble and be happy with your choice.

Edited by marci22

What I saw:

D8 -19

D7 -25

D6 -23

D5 -32

D4 -15

D3 -4

D2 -8

D1 -15

You were very nice to do the OP's research for him/her!!!