No more dining packages?

I saw a brief mention of this in this thread, but I was hoping that it was a miscommunication or a glitch because I really liked the ability to purchase a package of specialty dining options for a reduced price, but it really does look like Royal Caribbean is doing away with the dining packages.

Looking at this Allure of the Seas page, under Dining Options, it no longer lists the dining packages that were offered. You can see what it had said on that page to say by checking this archive page. Indeed, the Central Park Dining Package, Chef's Dining Package, and Choice Dining Package are no longer mentioned on the current page.

I'm sorry to see the dining packages being discontinued. Honestly, it probably won't influence my dining choices onboard my next cruise on Allure of the Seas as I'll probably still enjoy dining at the specialty restaurants, but I'm disappointed to see what looks like yet another cost-saving measure being put into place.

From what I read in the thread that you posted above, RC has not said they are eliminating dining packages. Instead, they are redesigning them before posting them. We'll wait to see what the changes turn out to be...

Others might know more but the dining packages all start on the fist night. We like to go to the MDR on the first night to meet our serving staff. Have liked the reduced rate but you could only book first night and then what was still available once on board for the other two nights. I like to have all the specialty restaurants booked in advance to get the nights and the times we want. So the dining package is a good way to experience the various specialty restaurants for less money but you need to be flexible. :rolleyes:

Supposedly new dining packages will be available for May 1st cruises and on, but the exact date isn't known yet. At a minimum, it will be the old packages with higher prices (I believe both Chops and GT have gone up, so the packages need to reflect that).

When we called RC a few weeks ago for our June 1st cruise, they said to check back mid-April for the new packages. Not sure if that was a "go away we can't help you right now" answer or a time range when the new packages will be up.

So.... if you already have dining reservations booked and buy a package online they won't let you apply the package? What is the deadline for cancelling specialty dining?

Usually 24 hours in advance.