Question about how to get conjoining rooms?

We are looking at cruising on Carnival Dream next year and I am finding it hard to navigate to get conjoining rooms like I did on Royal Caribbean for the cruise I just got off, on Royal it allowed you to choose 2 rooms and then select, "find conjoining rooms", I don't see this option on Carnival Dream and its driving me nuts because I can see on the map which rooms are conjoining but when I select one room and try to choose the second as the conjoining one, it doesn't give me the option of that room and I am certain its not sold out because this cruise is 1.5 years away. So is there a way to do this easier? We have 6 in our party so we want to spread out in 2 rooms.

We are looking at cruising on Carnival Dream next year and I am finding it hard to navigate to get conjoining rooms like I did on Royal Caribbean for the cruise I just got off, on Royal it allowed you to choose 2 rooms and then select, "find conjoining rooms", I don't see this option on Carnival Dream and its driving me nuts because I can see on the map which rooms are conjoining but when I select one room and try to choose the second as the conjoining one, it doesn't give me the option of that room and I am certain its not sold out because this cruise is 1.5 years away. So is there a way to do this easier? We have 6 in our party so we want to spread out in 2 rooms.

I think the easiest way would be to call Carnival direct and speak to a reservation agent.

Since the website doesn't seem to allow you to do this, why not just call Carnival directly?

Because I am not ready to book, I am just checking things out and wanted to see if I could get conjoining balcony rooms, I won't be booking until next spring.

Because I am not ready to book, I am just checking things out and wanted to see if I could get conjoining balcony rooms, I won't be booking until next spring.

Well when you're ready to book, call Carnival and they will be happy to give you adjoining rooms. But if you wait too long, there may not be adjoining rooms still available.

Edited by Fitzget

I'm having the same issue Joliving4jesus! BTW I love your screen name!!! I'm going to just call carnival!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, we have a few childish ones here that stray from the original topic due to becoming offended by a screen name, I will call as it gets closer!

We will be on the Dream next month in adjoining balcony cabins. It was a bit tricky to look at using the online tool, but Jorge at Carnival was able to answer all my questions and get us booked without any problem. We booked well in a advance to be sure we were able to get the cabins we wanted, and Jorge said the adjoining cabins do tend to sell out. So, my advice would be book as early as you are comfortable doing so.

The only concern I'd have is that some ships don't have a lot of options for adjoining rooms. Might be worth it to give them a call and see what the options are right now to see what availability is for the adjoining rooms you need based on number of passengers per room. :).

And it appears to be time to add another poster to my ignore list..

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I experienced the same when I booked our cruise. I went through an online large travel agency. With my initial two calls, I was told different things, 1) rooms were either on hold or already booked as none showed being available, but if I booked the rooms with the TA and not online, my booking would over ride those on hold, and 2) no available adjoining rooms. Made a third call, spoke to a different TA who in turn contacted Carnival.

Well, I was happy that Carnival was able to give me adjoining rooms! The TA commended me for calling back as rooms on hold turn out to be booked or get canceled.

Like other earlier replies suggested, call Carnival or your TA.

I'm not sure how accurate this information is or if it matters that much to you ,

However I've been told by My PVP on the Magic you cannot have adjoining rooms AND balconies that can also be joined. We always cruise with my sister and her hubby , we have to chose if we would Rather have balconies that are open to each other or rooms open. We choose balconies.

I'm not sure how accurate this information is or if it matters that much to you ,

However I've been told by My PVP on the Magic you cannot have adjoining rooms AND balconies that can also be joined. We always cruise with my sister and her hubby , we have to chose if we would Rather have balconies that are open to each other or rooms open. We choose balconies.

Correct, and the deck plans don't show conjoining balconies on the reservation page, you must go to the goccl page specific to the ship to find which balconies are conjoining. I am going on the Triumph in September and based my cabin selections on all balconies conjoining each other. I found out that wasn't the case, but had enough time to change to conjoining balconies.

Correct, and the deck plans don't show conjoining balconies on the reservation page, you must go to the goccl page specific to the ship to find which balconies are conjoining. I am going on the Triumph in September and based my cabin selections on all balconies conjoining each other. I found out that wasn't the case, but had enough time to change to conjoining balconies.

Really? Last carnival ship I was on (Pride) on the morning we arrived back in port, all of the balcony partitions were open. On every balcony. They opened them for cleaning. So it seemed to me that they all opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Fitzget

Speaking from experience, call early and get the rooms you want locked in...

We booked our cruise 6 months out on the Fantasy. Even though there is a lower amount of adjoining cabins, we were not able to get any adjoining cabins with our passenger count. It stinks because we really wanted to have adjoining cabins but it was either go in May without it or wait until October (almost a full year).. I didn't want to wait that long to go on vacation..

PS. Yes, we did try everything to get adjoining rooms. We first dealt with the TA. Then 3 different PVPs and none where able to get adjoining rooms to come up. I even have our new PVP constantly looking for one to just pop up, so that we can switch rooms but I don't see it happening..

Edited by rarasnake

Really? Last carnival ship I was on (Pride) on the morning we arrived back in port, all of the balcony partitions were open. On every balcony. They opened them for cleaning. So it seemed to me that they all opened.

I just looked on goccl and that class of ships does indeed have all connecting balconies. However, the former Destiny, now Triumph class does not have every balcony connecting.

I just looked on goccl and that class of ships does indeed have all connecting balconies. However, the former Destiny, now Triumph class does not have every balcony connecting.

Ah. That's interesting. Wonder why they did it that way

Ah. That's interesting. Wonder why they did it that way

I haven't been on the Pride, but the thread on here where I found out about the Triumph (before then I also thought that they all connected), someone said the ones that open, open to the window of the cabin, i.e. the ones that would block the door by swinging open, do not open. Not sure if that is true or not.

I haven't been on the Pride, but the thread on here where I found out about the Triumph (before then I also thought that they all connected), someone said the ones that open, open to the window of the cabin, i.e. the ones that would block the door by swinging open, do not open. Not sure if that is true or not.

That would make sense.

True for cove balconies on the Dream class.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app