Can I Bring My Own Limes

time2cruise1

I put lemons in a carry-on once and the screeners (pre TSA) thought they looked enough like hand grenades to take me into the back room for a more thorough search of my bags

Mike, not sure if you are serious or joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken limes. Ordered a bottle for the room, brought my mixers and limes on in my carry-on. At the time I never thought it was against the rules, still not sure it really is, as they stayed on the ship. Had no problem. But then, I was using them in my room, for the drinks I made, not taking a couple of pieces to the bar and asking the bartender to make me a g&t with lime lol

Stored it in my mini fridge. Take a ziplock bag or 2 to put the cut pieces in.

It would be different if I bought them in a foreign port, or tried to take them ashore in a foreign port. That I know is not allowed.

I bought lemons and limes in Boston last year before we sailed. I had no idea they weren't allowed!:eek: They were great in my gin & tonics and lemon drop martinis. Yum!!:D P.S. Yes, I purchased bottles for our cabin. ;-)

Edited by DebbieCruises

That's it no limes, lousy syrup,no lobster in main dining room,crapy beer selection what next pretty soon I will have to go grocery shopping as my pre cruise ritual.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Mr Robberts

I highly doubt NCL is going to scan their bag looking for limes. They are looking for alcohol and drugs.

I don't think OP is intending to have NCL prepare the limes for them. They just want to cut some themselves and put them in their drinks. Can store the cut pieces in the mini fridge.

Careful I did see the Lime police patrol the dock last week

Airline were first next the cruiseline

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/08/news/companies/lime-shortage-airlines/

Edited by Orleanscruiser

There is another crop in May so I think the summer cruises should be good on the limes, lol. Funny, I would never worry about not having one in a drink until your told you CAN'T have it then it is a bother. :D As long as there is alcohol in my drink that is all that matters. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I highly doubt NCL is going to scan their bag looking for limes. They are looking for alcohol and drugs.

I don't think OP is intending to have NCL prepare the limes for them. They just want to cut some themselves and put them in their drinks. Can store the cut pieces in the mini fridge.

I agree. They have more important things to look for, other than a few limes. We are going to buy one of those lime juice containers though. I think it is easier than the lime.