Transfers -Southampton Port to airport

Do Royal Caribbean provide transfers from Southampton cruise port to Southampton airport? I can't see anything on their website about it but any other cruise line I've sailed the with, you could always book a port to airport transfer.

Don't know if you already have a cruise reservation, but if you are booked, you should be able to see what's available by going to into your reservation, look under Shore Excursions and click on Southampton, England. I do know that they also offer some great bus transportation including tours to some great sites for people with flights booked after a certain time of the day.

If you don't see what you're looking for, just call RCI and a reservationist can help you. If you have a question that they can't answer regarding transpiration, they can always transfer your call to their excursion desk.

Good Luck!

The only transfers they are showing for our arrival into Southampton are for Stonehenge and Heathrow airport or Windsor and Heathrow airport.

Hi! Yes, I saw that some time ago. Wonder if the "transportation only" bus to Heathrow might have filled up long ago due to demand on our sailing, but can't imagine it not being offered. I've seen it on every other cruise I've even been on (including those ending in Ft. Lauderdale, where you could practically walk to the airport, although smart cruisers book private transfer or take a taxi for much less $$ and much more convenient than the RCI transfer there). A taxi from Southampton to LHR would be quite pricey.

I do not know which cruise, specifically, the OP is booked (or not) on.

Edited by dreamer976

HI We have booked train tickets for May 4th 2014 on Southern railway from Southampton central station to London Waterloo station. We actually spoke with "access" b/c we needed accessible assistance (claaed them long distance, we live in Florida). They told us to meet them On May 4th at Southampton Central Rail station. .... Hence I am freaked out to see the no trains running from Southampton station, can you post a link to that info?????:eek:

Wow, just went to southern railway website. we are booked onto 11:30 train, now only see 11:35 bus. Calling railway tomorrow. When did the railway plan on telling us this never? We have tickets for 3 weeks now. Wonder if they are still any good?:eek::eek::eek:

There is a transfer bus available on my cruise, May 17, Southampton to Heathrow. £110 pp.
The OP is asking about transfers from the port to Southampton airport, not Heathrow. This is a journey of less than 5 miles, but the airport recommended cab company is charging nearly 70% more than a more convenient company I have booked with. £26 for this journey is very expensive IMHO, just over £5 a mile. Even for the UK that's expensive!

Wow, just went to southern railway website. we are booked onto 11:30 train, now only see 11:35 bus. Calling railway tomorrow. When did the railway plan on telling us this never? We have tickets for 3 weeks now. Wonder if they are still any good?:eek::eek::eek:

We sail from Southampton often and go by rail.

We are on the trans next week and book our train tickets as soon as the come on sail so knew there were no trains from Southampton central and we need to get to Southampton airport, next stop on the line to Waterloo and they have a bus laid on, from the station but that is most unhelpful for you.

It is a Bankholiday weekent in UK and they always do work on the railways and have different timetables etc.

Also be aware that the airport station is just a small platform with no facilities.

Sorry I didn't get to reply due to the tie difference (I was fast asleep by the time of your question).

With regard to the railway telling you, they wouldn't, as they still have plans to transport you to your destination, albeit by another mode of transport. This is a common occurrence over a holiday weekend when maintenance work takes place. Why over a holiday weekend? Well believe it or not, there are less passengers to inconvenience over this period, than during the normal working week when the route will be heavily used by commuters.

Where did you purchase your tickets from? If you have had them for 3 weeks, they should have known of the works when you purchased them as this information has been available for a while as maintenance works are planned and published well in advance of a holiday weekend. The details for Southampton Central are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-your-journey/improvement-works/

Your tickets are still good as they will be used by the bus company that is replacing the train service. Depending on your destination you may only be bussed to Southampton Airport railway station and then catch a train there.

Here's the link to the Contact page

http://www.southernrailway.com/p/contact-us/

Edited by peteukmcr

The OP is asking about transfers from the port to Southampton airport, not Heathrow. This is a journey of less than 5 miles, but the airport recommended cab company is charging nearly 70% more than a more convenient company I have booked with. £26 for this journey is very expensive IMHO, just over £5 a mile. Even for the UK that's expensive!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Never mind.

:D

Just checked myself--looks like the route is shut between Southampton and the Airport. Therefore, you can still board your train from the airport and it will take you straight through to Waterloo. They will provide a bus transfer from Southampton Central to Southampton Airport.

Fortunately it is only a tiny smidgen of your journey which is affected, as opposed to the entire line being down for that weekend. I know it may not seem like much, but trust me, that is a big deal.

Definitely get in touch with them and confirm that they will provide you with assistance, including for the bus portion of your journey.

Also -- did you book with Southern or with Southwest Trains? As I believe that is a Southwest route?

Thank you all for the responses, especially peteukmcr! These Boards are incredibly helpful. It will be our first time in UK. Wow, we would have been done. There are multiple ships disembarking Southampton that day. Many people may think they will just hop a train, and will be standing in the street pondering what to do. I imagine the busses will be full , having been pre-reserved.

I'm arriving into Southampton (with, but not _with with_ MerionMom) in May, flying out of Southampton airport later that day, and have a transfer voucher. I booked my air through RCI all in one go, and the transfers were included.

I don't know what the breakdown of the price is (as hotel, air, transfers and cruise were all rolled into one), but they can definitely make it happen somehow.