Does TAs OBC drops with price drop

I have recently booked the Allure for the Med next year with a TA. We were not using any onboard credits etc but chose the TA based largely on the OBC they offered. The other day I noticed a price drop of a few hundred dollars on the fare and asked if it coudd be applied. This was to the regular price on the website, no special promotion. When he applied the price drop he also almost halved our OBC. Is that normal practice- it has never happened to me with price drops before.

I have recently booked the Allure for the Med next year with a TA. We were not using any onboard credits etc but chose the TA based largely on the OBC they offered. The other day I noticed a price drop of a few hundred dollars on the fare and asked if it coudd be applied. This was to the regular price on the website, no special promotion. When he applied the price drop he also almost halved our OBC. Is that normal practice- it has never happened to me with price drops before.

Yes, normal practice. The TA is likely giving you OBC from their commission, and if you lower the price, the commission goes down too.

Edited by clarea

Yeah, I went through that yesterday for our Explorer cruise. The price dropped $50, but to take that price drop, we would lose $75 OBC. Kind of sucks, I would have rather not transferred it to the TA and gotten the $50 price drop.

On expensive cruises, we usually come out very well using a TA, but that is definitely something to consider for next time on a short cruise.

Edited by kruzerci